Quote of the Day

Tools    

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything. - Frank Dane

The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Fools rush in where fools have been before. - Unknown

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
On Heathers: "It's a brilliant piece of literature, and I call it literature because it really is. I held it up next to Catcher in the Rye and all the great books that I've read."

"My godfather Timothy Leary coined the phrase 'question authority', it is one of my favorites. To question our government is the most important thing people can do right now in the U.S."

When asked why is she always playing teenagers, during a press junket for Mermaids in 1990: "Like, I'm nineteen. What am I supposed to do, play a judge?!"

"I love westerns. John Ford is one of the 10 best directors."

- Winona Ryder

The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. - James Branch Cabell

I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time. - H. L. Mencken

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. - Albert Einstein

For most folks, no news is good news; for the press, good news is not news. - Gloria Borger

"I have a lot of affection for Norman Bates and a lot of sympathy. So does the audience, I think. He's not just a monster. He's tortured. The real secret of the Psycho movies is that they're tragedies first and horror movies second."

"Not many people know this, but I was in New York rehearsing for a play [Frank Loesser's Greenwillow] when the shower scene was filmed in Hollywood. It is rather strange to go through life being identified with this sequence knowing that it was my double. Actually, the first time I saw Psycho and that shower scene was at the studio. I found it really scary. I was just as frightened as anybody else. Working on the picture, though, was one of the happiest filming experiences of my life. We had fun making it - never realizing the impact it would have."

"I have learned more about love, selflessness and human understanding from the people I have met in this great adventure in the world of AIDS than I ever did in the cutthroat, competitive world in which I spent my life."

[Part of his last letter, given to his sons after his death] "Boys, don't try to find a woman as wonderful as your mother to marry because if you do, you'll stay single your whole lives."

- Anthony Perkins

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Behind every successful man is a surprised woman. - Maryon Pearson

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons. - Bertrand Russell

A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to. - Granville Hicks

Finance is the art of passing money from hand to hand until it finally disappears. - Robert W. Sarnoff

Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger. - Franklin P. Jones

"It's a scientific fact... for every year a person lives in Hollywood, they lose two points of their IQ."

"New York is a diamond iceberg floating in river water."

"I think I've written one masterpiece in my career and that's In Cold Blood. It is a masterpiece and I don't care what anyone says. I think I've also written three or four short stories that are as good as anything written in the English language."

"The greatest thing about masturbation is that you don't have to dress up for it."

- Truman Capote

Making a difference
No matter how simple telling lies are, to thyself be true

"You can either be a vain movie star, or you can try to shed some light on different aspects of the human condition."

On fame: "As soon as enough people give you enough compliments and you're wielding more power than you've ever had in your life, it's not that you become an arrogant little prick, or become rude to people ... but you get a false sense of your own importance and what you've accomplished. You actually think you've altered the course of history."

On whether there are any aspects of fame he dislikes: "You kidding? I feel very fortunate. A lot of people would love to be in my position. There are so many people out there who are suffering trillions of times more than I could ever suffer, and would love to be me. I am a lucky little bastard."

- Leonardo DiCaprio

"There is no knowledge that is not power." -Mortal Kombat III of all places.

Who is wise? He that learns from every One.
Who is powerful? He that governs his Passions.
Who is rich? He that is content.
Who is that? Nobody.

~ Benjamin Franklin ~

Today, in 1752, was the day his kite was struck by lightening...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"I've always known what a good movie is. I've not often known what a hit is. I think The War is a good movie, but it's not a hit. I think A Perfect World is a good movie, but it's not a hit. And so what should I have done? Should I have turned my back on those movies? I can't do that, I just can't. If I can be in a good movie, then I can feel okay about it. I can feel okay about The Upside of Anger, I can feel good about Open Range, I can feel good about Mr. Brooks. Is it a hit? It's not a hit, but it will make money. Am I proud of it? I am proud of it. No Way Out was a movie that was in turnaround. It was not going to be made. Bull Durham was not going to be made. We went to every studio twice. So when people want to look at my career in retrospect and go, "Hit, hit, those movies were hits..." Well those movies weren't going to be hits unless we forced them onto the screen."

"I can't say I really see much difference between my son and daughters except that my girls will occasionally make me a sandwich and my son won't."

On going bald: "I'm not into plugs, rugs or drugs to correct this problem and would rather just shave it off."

- Kevin Costner

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'. - The Colour Of Magic

A nation is a society united by delusions about its ancestry and by common hatred of its neighbors. - William Ralph Inge

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill

Everyone has his burden; what counts is how you carry it. - Joe Brown and David Brown

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
The only reason for walking into the jaws of Death is so's you can steal his gold teeth.

'It is forbidden to fight on the Killing Ground,' he said, and paused while he considered the sense of this. 'You know what I mean, anyway...'

Some pirates achieved immortality by great deeds of cruelty or derring-do. Some achieved immortality by amassing great wealth. But the captain had long ago decided that he would, on the whole, prefer to achieve immortality by not dying.

Quotes from The Colour Of Magic.