Thor Vs. Loki

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I think that Hiddleston does a tremendous job as Loki, he's clever, witty, and undoubtedly the best part of the Thor movies, honestly, part of me feels like he may have been one of the best parts of The Avengers movie. I don't think it's Hemsworth's fault that Thor's character is kind-of bland, for what it's worth, he has managed to bring some humor to him, it's just that the Thor character sucks in-general, at least in my opinion. I don't think that I ever loved Loki until Thor 2 though, he was likable, yes, but I absolutely loved him in the second movie. He was everything that I want in a villain and more. He's a douche, has wit, and had a depth to his character that I really appreciated.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Does anyone prefer one over the other? Personally, I really hate both of them. I think Hiddleston is a terrible Loki, and his performance is incredibly weak. And that goes doubly for Hemsworth as Thor.
Hiddlestone gets a lot of love from fanboys but I can't stand him although Hemsworth makes the perfect Thor for me. Big, strong, cool and just the right amount of charm/cockiness in the delivery of his one liners. Great casting!

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I just had to check out what was being said about this subject.

I cannot understand how anyone can say Tom Hiddleston is a terrible Loki or that he can't act. This man is an amazing actor and brought life to a character that could have been incredibly one-note. He has been able to create a villain we love to love…lol, not even a villain we love to hate!

He commanded a stage at Comic Con and told everyone to say his name. They did. He's flat-out charismatic as hell.

And this scene? Really, he can't act? Also, I just saw a National Theatre Live performance of Shakespeare's Coriolanus where Tom plays the lead. He was so great, they added two more performances in DC that weren't originally scheduled, and the people applauded the screen. I overheard some guy talking about how incredible Tom was.

Yea, I know, he has this army of fangirls. I almost wish he didn't because I really think this guy is the real deal. Spielberg made a comment about how Tom will have an Oscar before he's 40. I hope so.

I also love how evil he got in the Avengers. He's my favorite part of the movie (I read Yoda's review, which was great, btw, but no mention of Loki! He was my favorite part.)

I also think Chris Hemsworth is also perfect. He looks the part and he can be very funny. There is actual chemistry between him and Tom that comes through on the screen.

Oops, I went on too long.

I agree. I didn't like The Avengers much, step in the right direction at least, but Loki was always fun to watch. I've seen his Shakespeare stuff as well. Calling him a bad actor is like calling Will Smith a good actor.

Loki is becoming one of the best villains in movie history. It's a villain you love to hate.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
I think Hemsworth captures Thor to perfection; both in physicality and in his portrayal of his personality. He brings across everything I expected Thor to be coming out of the comic books and onto the Hollywood scene.

As for Hiddleston as Loki? I dislike the character which Loki is in the films. I'm not sure if that ultimately comes down to the way that Loki is written into the script, or the way which Hiddleston portrays him. No less, I don't think a great deal of Hiddleston and his acting style just doesn't connect with me, which may be yet another reason I feel no connection to Loki.

Does anyone prefer one over the other? Personally, I really hate both of them. I think Hiddleston is a terrible Loki, and his performance is incredibly weak. And that goes doubly for Hemsworth as Thor.
Well I haven't seen either film all the way through, but I haven't liked Tom Hiddleston as an actor in anything yet. It's unfortunate that he was in the oh so middle class British version of Wallander as Martinsson and wasn't great, but I don't blame him for that. I get the impression he would annoy me as Loki as well from what I've seen (incidentally I know he was inspired to become an actor after seeing A Midsummer Night's Dream starring Alex Jennings – so I'll let him off). Chris Hemsworth seems like an okay Thor though.