Rauldc's Journey through the consoles: Best Video Games

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
So far my favorites here are Oregon Trail, Heavy Rain and Wave Runner. I used to love renting Wave Runner when I played the 64 (Still have it in the closet somewhere) and racing with my cousins. Another one that I loved on the 64 was 1080. It was a snow boarding game. Oregon Trail we played at lab time in elementary. It was TONS of fun. Heavy Rain was the first game that I bought when I got the PS3. I enjoyed it, but it isn't one of my favorites that I have. I was pretty pissed that I paid full price for it actually. LOL! Granted its fun to have your decisions make a difference, but the killer is always the same guy and the deaths remain pretty much the same through out. If they had changed who the killer was based on different decisions that could have been cool.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
15. Kangaroo

The first game that I ever remember playing in my life, and boy was this one a lot of fun. I haven't played Atari in over a decade, but I have an itch to play a bunch of the game that I used to on here. Unfortunately, I believe that either my grandma has the Atari console or it is just long gone and does not exist. I mean come on, who doesn't enjoy a game with a punching kangaroo trying to get her Joey back from a bunch of controlling monkeys? This game is awesomeness and I was reminded of how sweet it was by watching some YouTube videos. I gotta try this one again sometime.

16. Warioland: Super Mario Land 3

A fun spinoff of the traditional Mario games. I loved how Wario could pick up and chuck some of his enemies. The goal for Wario is to get as much treasure as possible. I thought the game was pretty inventive and it was fun to have Wario with a helmet in action, especially the Jet helmet was a lot of fun to use. I'm pretty sure I conquered the game, but I would honestly have to revisit it to truly remember whether or not I did. It was a really fun game and much superior to the first Mario game on Gameboy.

17. Killzone

I was never any good at this game (really, not very good at any type of first person shooter game but the maps and graphics were great for its time.) It was a fun yet challenging game for me that I will have to revisit at some point in the future. It was one of my favorite ps2 games though at the time. Sadly, this was nearing my end of my hardcore gaming experiences that hopefully I can get back into at some point. I hate busy lives

18. 007 Agent Under Fire

Fairly hand in hand with the last one, but I was a little bit better at this one at least. I've always been a sucker for these Bond games as I'm a big Bond fan. It really is a fun campaign to play through and took me awhile to master the fine aspects of the game. But once I did, it was addicting as all hell to say the least.

Haven't played either of the last two. No surprise there.

The only FPS I've ever loved is Medal of Honor: Frontline. I don't mind the genre, but that game was fantastic and I lost many days to it on my PS2.

19. Ms. Pacman

Although my favorite version of the Pacman genre is this one, you really can't go wrong with any of them as this is a truly classic game that needed to be included. I had this game down to a T and I would consider myself a true master of this game.

Ms pacman and Galaga are my favorites in the arcade. I don't feel the same about them on consoles. Still pretty fun if your playing against someone though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
19. Ms. Pacman

Although my favorite version of the Pacman genre is this one, you really can't go wrong with any of them as this is a truly classic game that needed to be included. I had this game down to a T and I would consider myself a true master of this game.

When I was a kid, the local pizzeria had a Ms. Pacman game, and I was addicted to it. It was one of the few games that I was good at because I played it so often that I memorized most of the boards and the ghost patterns.

I've spent a lot of hours gobbling balls while being chased by ghosts.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I think a lot of people missed the latest Pac-Man iteration but I think Championship Edition DX+ (Slight Return) is actually better than the hoary old original.

In fact, it's the greatest arcade game I've ever played. And I've played a few...

20. Marvel vs. Capcom

Truly my favorite arcade game of all time, and one that probably would be even more fun nowadays since I am a big Marvel fan now. I actually mainly played with the Capcom characters back in the day, especially with the legendary Megaman. Every year we went on vacation in the Wisconsin Dells I would spend at least ten bucks playing this game. I'll have to spot it again and play it someday.