Flimmaker's reviews

→ in
Tools    

"Convicted robber Albert Ganz (James Remar) is working as part of a road gang in California, when a big Native American man named Billy Bear (Sonny Landham) drives up in a pickup truck and asks for water to cool off his truck’s overheating radiator.

Ganz and Billy exchange insults and proceed to stage a fight with each other, wrestling in a river, and when the guards try to break up the fight, Billy slips a gun to Ganz, and Billy and Ganz kill two of the three guards and flee the scene. Two days later, Ganz and Billy kill Henry Wong (John Hauk), who was one of their partners.

Later that same day, San Francisco cop Jack Cates (Nick Nolte) joins two of his friends and co-workers—Detective Algren (Jonathan Banks) and Detective VanZant (James Keane) -- at the Walden Hotel to check out a man named G.P. Polson, who is in room 27. It's a way of finding the thief who stole Polson's credit cards and used one of them to check into the hotel."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/48_Hrs.#section_1

That's not what's in your review
Word by work

^That's all I am saying. Your acting like all of what is written about the plot is taken from there. I really don't see the issue. It isn't like it is a term paper. It is just a forum. You are taking this too seriously. Good thing I couldn't care less.

Plagerism is a crime, and you were obviously trying to make it your own since you haven't even cited your source. It doesn't matter if its a forum or not you can't copy and past published work and claim it as yours

Plagerism is a crime, and you were obviously trying to make it your own since you haven't even cited your source. It doesn't matter if its a forum or not you can't copy and past published work and claim it as yours
LOL. Okay. I am waiting for my arrest or fine from the internet police.

Here's shat could happen according to plagiarism.org

Copyright laws exist to protect our intellectual property. They make it illegal to reproduce someone else's expression of ideas or information without permission. This can include music, images, written words, video, and a variety of other media.

At one time, a work was only protected by copyright if it included a copyright trademark (the © symbol). According to laws established in 1989, however, works are now copyright protected with or without the inclusion of this symbol.

Anyone who reproduces copyrighted material improperly can be prosecuted in a court of law. It does not matter if the form or content of the original has been altered -- as long as any material can be shown to be substantially similar to the original, it may be considered a violation of the Copyright Act.
Did you get consent?

You probably won't be arrested but I think this thread should be closed

And here is what could happen if you're prosecuted
Most cases of plagiarism are considered misdemeanors, punishable by fines of anywhere between $100 and $50,000 -- and up to one year in jail.

Plagiarism can also be considered a felony under certain state and federal laws. For example, if a plagiarist copies and earns more than $2,500 from copyrighted material, he or she may face up to $250,000 in fines and up to ten years in jail.
And here's a proper citation
Works Cited
"Plagiarism.org." Plagiarism.org : Learning Center : Plagiarism Definitions, Tips on Avoiding Plagiarism, Guidelines for Proper Citation, & Help Indentifying Plagairism. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Sept. 2012. <http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_article_plagiarism_faq.html>.

Wow your really going out of your way for me huh? And the funny thing is none of that will happen to me. 1. No one knows who I really am. 2. how will they find me? 3. I doubt anyone really cares.

This thread was for me to just put my thoughts on a film I have just watched. I sometimes use synopsis if I am feeling lazy, or just don't have the time to write it out. You are really making way, way too much of this. Again I will ask, who cares? Wiki isn't even considered legit by most people. But hey I will do this if that makes you happy.

Hey everyone! Just to say there are a few reviews here that I took a synopsis wiki because I didn't have time to write it myself because I have a life. I hope this didn't affect your life at all in any shape or form or health wise.

Is that acceptable DonnieDarko ?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
American Reunion was garbage. Not funny, nor was it really nostalgic. What a big disappointment.

Suspect's Reviews

American Reunion was garbage. Not funny, nor was it really nostalgic. What a big disappointment.
Did you like the first three? Because this one pretty much falls in line right behind those. Same Stifler too. Reunion really is a movie though that you either found nostalgia and liked it, you didn't and didn't like it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I've seen every single American Pie film, including the crappy ones (Band Camp, Naked Mile, Beta House, Book of Love). While reunion was better than the direct to dvd crap, it's the worst one of the original 3.

And Oh My God, Chris Klein cannot act himself out of a paper bag.

The first one was alright, than it fell downhill about that. I suppose it's a money spinner for the Studio's and that's why they keep making them. Don't we love Studio's? lol!

Love Actually: and a half

So many romantic comedies cover just one type of romantic comedy. There are the ones where you fall in love with a co worker, a subordinate, get lustful, find love in another country after someone breaks your heart, love someone you can't have, two long friends, and child love. Why not a movie that has all of this? Love Actually is the first movie to portray all of this. And it does it so very well. Not shy with it's length, Richard Curtis uses that to his advantage.

We first see Billy Mack (Bill Nighly) singing a Christmas version of one of his songs. And it sounds like a lot of crap really. He seems like a bitter old man. He used to be all the rage. Singing hit after hit. And now he is trying to make a comeback and be number one with his Christmas song. And song that he really hates. But his long time manger Joe (Gregor Fisher) thinks that it is best for him to do this. Billy doesn't have any love in his life. Joe is the only person that he sees on a daily basis. And he makes fun of him constantly, calling him ugly and fat.

Another story here is a wedding of Juliet (Keira Knightley) and Peter (Chiwetel Eijofor). They have a lovely wedding that was orchestrated and filmed by Peter's best friend and best man Mark (Andrew Lincoln). Peter thinks that Mark does not like Juliet. And tries to get them to be closer to each. He normally behaves distant and uncomfortable towards her. He is just doing it for self preservation. Could you imagine being in a situation like this? You love someone that you can't have? Someone your best friend is married to. That is tough.

Harry (Alan Rickman) is a director of a design agency. He has a new secretary named Mia (Heike Makatsch). He loves his wife Karen (Emma Thompson). But he is confused. Mia constantly is making advances at him. He really doesn't know how to handle any of this. And he doesn't handle it too well actually. At the same time Karen's friend Daniel (Liam Nesson) is mourning the lost of his wife. His step son Sam (Thomas Sangster) seems sad. But he is actually love strucked. And he needs his step father help to get the girl.

At the same design agency Sarah (Laura Linney) is in love with her coworker Karl (Rodrigo Santoro). And everyone knows it. She first appears at Juliet's and Peter's wedding. She is very nervous around Karl and seems to lack the guts to ask her out. And she has so something going on as she is always answering the phone for someone. There is also John (Martin Freeman) and Judy (Joanna Page) who meet as body doubles for a sex scene and hit it off. A coordinator at the shoot Tony (Abdul Salis) friend Colin Frissell (Kris Marshall) is going to go America after getting rejected by many girls including Mia. He thinks American girls are easier. Well he may be right.

There is also a new prime minster David (Hugh Grant). Natalie (Martine McCutheon) is a new junior member of the household staff at 10 Downing Street. She serves tea and biscuits. David and Natalie immediately take a subtle interest in each other. You can just feel it. But when the President of the U.S.A (Billy Bob Thorton) tries to seduce Natalie, this upsets David. So much that he decides to take a stand against the bullying President's polices. And then has Natalie moved to a different division.

And there is Jamie (Colin Firth). He is a writer and we first see him preparing to go to Juliet and Peter's wedding. His girlfriend (Sienna Guillory) misses the ceremony and decides to sleep with his brother instead. Crushed by this Jamie decides to spend some time at his French Cottage where he meets Portuguese housekeeper Aurelia (Lucia Moniz) who only speaks her native language. They instantly have an attraction towards each other that is more than puppy love.

Love Actually is a great movie. I found myself deeply engaged and interested in all these characters and their issues. The way it is made it that we get to taste all these types of situations and what goes on. You would think it is an art gallery in way. Everything is on display with the great cast provided and the performances that they provided. It never gets too much about itself. It stays the same tone the whole movie that just makes it better.

The writing is also a big part of this. Curtis doesn't use the typical cliches of a romantic comedy. He stays away from that. Instead he puts a realistic spun on the genre. Showing real people in real situations. And how he thinks that they would react. How he envisions things would happen. And that is a great thing. Because in return we get a work of art that leaves us feeling good. It leaves us saying to ourselves that this could happen to us. Or remembering how this has happened to us.

Love actually just builds upon layers and layers. Then keeps going. There are some surprises. The characters are likeable even with some of them doing things that we wouldn't probably do. We see the imperfections and we don't mind. We see the struggles some of the characters have and we feel for them. We see a character in a tough spot and we understand. We end up rooting for a few of them too. And that is a part of what makes this a wonderful film.

Just over two hours Love Actually is a movie that uses it's length to tell stories that all could have been their own movie. And if there is one flaw, it is that it appears to servings at a five star restaurant. But really it is an all you can eat buffet. But that is okay. It still is lovely actually.

My Cousin Vinny:

My Cousin Vinny is a dumb comedy that works because of the charismatic performances involved. With lesser actors I might not have liked this movie. The plot is okay but has a lot of loop holes. But the acting is hard to ignore. I can only admire it for the strong performances and that laughs it gave. There were a few times that I found myself laughing pretty hard. It is a movie that is hard to ignore.

While in Beechum County Alabama (a fictional county) two New Yorkers named Bill Gambini (Ralph Macchio) and his best friend Stan Rothenstein (Mitchell Whitfield). After going into a convenience store they are tailed by police. Then they are pulled over. Now they both just think it was because Bill had forgotten to pay for a can of sardines. But it isn't for a simple misdemeanor. Oh no. It is for murder. Bill is being charged for murder and Stan for accessory to murder.

As Bill and Stan slowly realize that they are not just being messed around with they figure out they need a lawyer. Bill calls his mom. His mom tells him to go and enlist his cousin Vinny. His full name is Vincent LaGuardia "Vinny" Gambini (Joe Pesci). He comes to Alabama with his fiance Mona Lisa Vito (Marisa Tomei). They are very much New Yorkers and we can tell that very easily.

Soon we learn that Vinny does not have a lot of experience. None at all really. He has only been practicing for six weeks. He has never had a case. And he has failed the bar six times in six years. This clearly shakes Bill and Stan's confidence. He doesn't do anything to make them have their confidence restore. It takes him several minutes to enter his plea. This causes the judge Chamberlain Heller (Fred Gwynne) to hold him in contempt (and this isn't the only time that he is held in contempt).

Vinny blunders a little more and more. He is clearly in over his head. He tries to find advantages. But ends up accomplishing nothing. He doesn't want Mona Lisa's help who is more than eager to help him. He wants to do this all on his own. But Bill and Stan's confidence keeps shaking. So much so that Stan gets a public defender. And Bill is about to get one too. While Bill is telling Vinny about that, Vinny convinces Bill to give him one more shot.

My Cousin Vinny has a lot about it that is stupid about it. Why is there a character named Mona Lisa? But you see that is funny. Another is how the boys got caught. And hijinks that go on after that. The point I am making is that it may be stupid. But it works because it is still funny. All these things made me laugh. The movie kind of decides to throw a few things out to make it more of a screwball comedy. And it gets to that point.

The performance that shines is the one from Marisa Tomei. She won the academy award for her performance. And with good reason too. She could have easily made her character a very one dimensional one. But instead she really makes her come alive. Makes her entertaining. She makes her the best character in the movie. Every scene she is in scene steals. Tomei uses her attractiveness, her comedy skills, and charm in this role and creates something that with another actress probably would have not been there.

My Cousin Vinny is a good movie to go and just pop in to watch for fun. The humor will make you laugh. You just have to watch it and throw some logic out of the window and you will have a good time.

Natural Born Killers:

Natural Born Killers is quite a movie experience. When I decided to watch it I couldn't believe how different it is from anything from Oliver Stone. It is a movie that different visual, strange quirks, and strange charms. The best way to describe this movie I guess is it is like taking peyote. It is a rather crazy movie. A strange satire. But when it aims it doesn't miss it. The point gets across.

Mickey Knox (Woody Harrelson) and Mallory (Juliette Lewis) are a couple. They are different from any other couple that you know. And in the first scene of the movie they show. They kill all but one person in a cafe after someone starts to sexually harass Mallory. They leave one person behind. Why do they leave just one person left behind? Simple. They want someone to tell the tale of them. That is their thing.

As Mickey and Mallory are now in a desert, they start to reminisce about how they met. We get to see in flashbacks who they used to be. Mallory used to live with her family. She had a sexually abusive father (Rodney Dangerfield), a neglectful mother (Edie McClurg), and her young brother Kevin (Sean Stone). Mickey meets her when he delivers meat to her home. They fall in love and Mickey steals Mallory's dad's car. He arrested for grant theft auto. But during a tornado Mickey escapes and returns to Mallory's home. They kill Mallory's parents and spare Kevin. They leave and get married and celebrate by taking a hostage. After Mickey wants to do a threesome with the hostage, Mallory is upset and leaves. She starts to have sex with a mechanic. But after he recognizes her she kills him. Mickey rapes the hostage.

The two lovers go on a killing spree. They end up killing up to 52 people. This makes them very infamous. They have Detective Jack Scagnetti (Tom Sizemore) hot on their heels. He saw his mother get shot and killed by Charles Whitman when he was eight years old. On the outside side he looks like a heroic guy. Someone who just wants to do the right thing. But in reality, he is a psychopath who once strangled a prostitute.

The two killers are profiled by journalist Wayne Gale (Robert Downey Jr) on his show American Maniacs. This makes these two unswervingly right in the public eye all the time. It elevates them into cult status. People now are getting more intrigued by them. People even say if they were mass murders that they would like to be Mickey and Mallory. They do get caught at a drug store after getting snake bites and are separated in a prison head by warden Dwight McClusky (Tommy Le Jones)>

Natural Born Killers is a movie that probably needs to be watched more than once. The first time you watch it, you are in awe of the visuals. The over all look of the film. It is filmed fantastically well. Oliver Stone's direction is amazing. Camera angles, shots, different colors being used. Stone uses all these to put him film into greater effect. It makes it more intriguing from that standpoint. It becomes very crazy eye candy.

And for the second time you watch it, you have to watch it for the meaning of the movie. The movie's meaning is talking about how we as a society glorify violence. The media in particular. We see Wayne Gale put these two killers in the forefront of the media. He makes them famous. That has some parallels to what goes on today. We see that everyone time there is a mass murder that goes on it seems like the media just never stops talking about it. Like they like them or something. It is because they see a story.

Where did this story come from? It was written by Quentin Tarantino. He sold the screenplay. It feels like a type of film he would have came up with. Stone takes it and them makes it into his own. He knows how to make a political film really well clearly. Natural Born Killers could be his most ambitious political film. Maybe even more so than JFK. The plot is so bold. The violence is so crazy.

The thing about this movie is the experience it gives you. After you are done you start thinking about what you just saw. The way the movie flows it doesn't feel like a movie. It feels like we just went on a ride. A ride of peyote. It is insane and it is that insanity that makes it so great. It makes it a work of art really. Because nothing like this about this has ever been seen. It offers you that shock factor. No wonder it received such mixed reviews.

Natural Born Killers is a movie that isn't for the faint of heart. It is just one trippy movie with quite a message. In the middle of all the violence and koas the message is one worth while too.

Flirting with Disaster: and a half

Flirting with Disaster deals with a man who goes out in search for his biological parents. Usually a movie like that would have a more serious tone. It would be straight drama probably. But this is not the case. Instead of the cliche type melodramatic film, we get a very funny movie from David O. Russell. This a movie that keeps the laughs coming without trying to hard. It benefits from an excellent script, excellent acting and a sweet undertone to it all.

Mel Coplin (Ben Stiller) is a man who just had a child with his wife Nancy Coplin (Patricia Arquette). It is a boy. But here is the thing: they have yet to have named their child. Why is that? Mel you see has some unresolved issues. He was adopted by Ed and Pearl Coplin (George Segel and Mary Tyler Moore).. And he wasn't exactly happy with the way that he was raised by them. He wants to go and meet his biological parents.

He enlists Tina Kalb (Tea Leoni). She is very sexy. But she is also a very incompetent adoption agency employee. She finds his parents in the adoption database. Now Mel, Nancy and the baby are off to go and look for his parents. Tina decides to come along too. They go to a woman name Valarie Swaney (Celia Weston). They mistaken her for Mel's mother. This scene was pretty awkward. Mel and Valarie were actually bonding. When Mel and Tina were wrestling ( I know) and Mel knocks her glass down, she forgives him and even gave him a glass rabbit.

They are off to Michigan where Tina gets a lead that Mel's dad is there. They go to see Fritz Boudreau (David Patrick Kelly). At first they are attacked and then Mel says he is his son. Things look promising. But as Fritz is teaching Mel how to drive a big rig, Fritz puts it together that he isn't his son. That his father is Richard Schlichting (Alan Alda) and is still with his mother Mary (Lilly Tomlin). They are in New Mexico. After wrecking the big rig, Mel, Nancy, and Tina are taken into custody by two federal agents Tony Kent (Josh Brolin) and Paul Harmon (Richard Jenkins) who are a gay couple. They get tangled along into the story too as Nancy went to high school with Kent.

This are starting to get rocky between Mel and Nancy. They are not having sex much at all. Nancy was not happy that Mel was wrestling with Tina and senses that he is attracted to her. Mel is very much attracted to her. But he doesn't want to act on it. He kind of does a couple time with kisses. But they never go the full distance. And Nancy and Tony are getting closer. Tony is actually bisexual and seems to be trying to get with Nancy. That is where the near disaster comes in.

Flirting with Disaster is very because the near disaster is at every single corner. Something at any minute could ruin Mel and Nancy's marriage. But they both just barely miss it each and every time. There isn't some that happens. He just doesn't go have an affair. This character has a conscious loves his wife. He doesn't want to just let the temptation over come him. That is what is good about the character. He does his best to be good.

The character is somewhat the typical Ben Stiller character. But it is okay. The Ben Stiller character is an everyman character. A character that we are used to seeing. A character that we also like seeing. Here he is put in these situations of choice and finding his real parents. Even his adoptive parents come in and cause chaos. But Stiller's character pays dividends here. It keeps him and the movie pretty even keel and doesn't go over the edge.

David O. Russell in this film uses his comedic directing abilities to his full advantage. He keeps a sane aspect to this movie. And at the same time provides many, many laughs. He not only directed this film, he also wrote it. And what a wonderful script. It is so smart and well thought out. Each word that comes out of the character's mouth is pure and funny and makes sense. Each scene has something in it that is funny. He makes this movie work.

Flirting with Disaster is really about two things. Someone who wants to meet his real parents. And someone who doesn't want to cheat on his wife. Two things that could carry their own films. Meshed into one create a great one that is very entertaining to the end. The ending is a rather nice one. I say nice but it is a rather crazy situation that they have just gotten out of. But that fits great with this movie.

Dead Man Walking:

Dead Man Walking is based on a true story. The nun's name is Sister Helen. That is what makes Dead Man Walking very interesting right off the bat. That this actually happened and wasn't fabricated (well not completely). Tim Robbins decides to step out of the step out of the spotlight and write and direct this wonderful film. It is filled with emotion and a truth that is not really seen in a lot of other films.

Matthew Poncelet (Sean Penn) is on death row. He murdered a couple one night with his buddy Carl Vitello (Michael Cullen). Carl has received a life sentence instead of being on death row. He has been in prison for six years awaiting his fate. He like anyone else in his situation wants to get out of it and badly. So he begins to beg Sister Helen (Susan Sarandon) for her help.

Sister Helen is a nice nun who genuinely cares about people. She somehow sees the good in people and doesn't believe that everyone is just pure evil. Which is perhaps why she decides to help him. I think she sees someone who needs help in more ways than one. When she first meets him he comes across as arrogant, sexist, and racist. He doesn't even show any remorse for what he has done. In fact he keeps on claiming his innocence saying that it was only Carl who killed the teenage couple.

Yet Sister Helen stays with him. She is hoping to convince him to own up to what he has done and see his ways. Mostly so that he could die with dignity. She convinces an experienced lawyer to take Matthew's case pro bono. Sister Helen tries to obtain a life sentence for Matthew instead of death row.

As she visits more and more, she begins to have a special relationship with Matthew. They seem to connect. She sees him than being more than a murder. She sees a side of him that most don't care to see. But at the same time, she starts to get to know Matthew's mother (Roberta Maxwell). Also the victims families. The victims families start to not like Sister Helen. They start to say that she is on his side. Is she on his side? Or does she just want to do what she thinks is right?

Dead Man Walking is a movie built solely on it's performances and the story. Nothing else. Tim Robbins wrote a very captivating script that keeps us engaged all the way to the end. He doesn't spare anything. He keeps it real and keeps it hard and hitting.
That is a big part of the movie. It feels easy to watch. I could never really look away at this movie. It is so well done in every aspect.

The performances by Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon were fantastic. Penn plays a man who just won't admit to what he has done. Someone who needs to wake up and take responsibility. Yet he may not be a bad guy. But someone who has done bad things. Penn gives him this hard edge. He also gives him enough vulnerability to make us interested in someone who has done such a thing.

Sarandon is excellent as Sister Helen. She plays the nun very well with such grace a skills. Each time she is on screen she has this awe about her that is something that can't be fabricated. She plays her with a sense of right that she wants to accomplish. She doesn't make her too preachy. But gives her a good amount of self righteousness. She is playing three different emotions all at once and excelled at it.

The script is so fine combed. The scenes flow like water. Nothing is too long and doesn't make sense. Nothing is there that doesn't need to be there either. We see the very dramatic scenes and are moved by them. The acting clearly helps this. Even surprises by Jack Black who plays one of Matthew's brothers. He gives a nice performance with the short amount of time that he was on the screen.

Dead Man Walking is a great film. It was filmed and acted with excellence. Everything about it just works. It a movie that touches your emotions and makes you think about a few things when it is over. And that is what a movie should strive to do.