Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Tools    

Originally Posted by hktrskltr1
Okay maybe someone can explain one thing for me! What did they do to her, and does she still act on free will?
They presently enhanced her physical self and her mental psyche, both using biological methods and I guess mechanical as well… And I believe she’s completely under their restraint. Able to see what she sees, etc…

I don't know. Nemesis was under Umbrella's control but he was able to act on freewill. Are they making a third movie? That'd be sweet.

Edit: Oh btw does anyone know what song is used in those trailers where she is like running down the side of the building, etc?

Sure, a Third one? why not doesn't bother me. Just hope it doesnt suck

I havent seen it yet, but I hope to seeing im a big fan or the gaming franchise. I really didnt like number 1 so I hope this is much better. *fingers crossed*

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
To Everyone who seen this------

OK, I have a question that I'd been wanting to ask, but I forgot.......now I remember (obviously). Alright, does anyone remember the Umbrella Co. pulling that one woman out of her house (this was after they opened The Hive) and it was right before they went to Ashford's house. In the background, you could see the infamous "Regenerate" commercial/trailer. Well, who was this woman? Did they explain her?? I can't remember her face! Can anyone help?!!

Originally Posted by xResidentEvil3x
Well, who was this woman? Did they explain her?? I can't remember her face! Can anyone help?!!

She was just a random employee… she doesn’t matter.

Originally Posted by theshape82
i hope they keep going...but i don't know to be honest...all i can say is that i think the whole thing is the best idea since night of the living dead
I disagree. Although the first Resident Evil was a good zombie movie, it was without a doubt the zombie movie that stole more from other zombie movies than any other zombie movie in history. I could actually watch it and point out something they stole every five to ten minutes through the whole movie. It's absolutely appalling. Besides that, it's gonna look like Hollywood Pop-culture crap when Romero's fourth one comes out. It's gonna top all of em like he usually does and would've done with his third one but couldn't because of budgetary restraints. This is not to say that I liked the original Screenplay for Resident Evil better. It was more like the game and followed through with the game better but I think personally that Romero looked at the Resident Evil franchise as a joke. The Screenplay was good and hell, he might have made a better movie than Anderson's but I personally think for the most part that Anderson's script was better (Even though it ripped off of Romero's earlier work incessantly). I however have not seen the new one which is my fault because I've been too busy with school and everything else. I will go see it...maybe this weekend. It doesn't look as good as it did when I first heard about the sequal but my friend who loves Romero's told me it delivers and is much more like the game than the first one was. I was sceptacle before he told me because we all know what happens when a director leaves a project or franchise and they stick someone else in the chair...However, I look at this new one lesser of a zombie movie than the first (as of right now anyway, I haven't seen it) and more of a zombie/monster adaptation from a videogame. The first one resembled very little of the videogame. Anyway, my two cents.

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
However, I look at this new one lesser of a zombie movie than the first (as of right now anyway, I haven't seen it) and more of a zombie/monster adaptation from a videogame. The first one resembled very little of the videogame. Anyway, my two cents.
Hmmm......maybe if you if you would think before your ass spoke, you'd know that the Resident Evil games weren't just based upon zombies. No. In the series, theres a billion different monsters/creatures, and the the producer has to put these creatures in the movie, basically to please fans and to give it kick-ass action. Thus, don't compare these movies to Romero's JUST-AND-ONLY-JUST zombie flicks.

Romero's JUST-AND-ONLY-JUST zombie flicks
stomp all over anything the Resident Evil series has produced thus far, and if it weren't for his superior films the entire Resident Evil franchise pobably wouldn't exist.

In the Beginning...
I don't know if it's really a good idea to compare the Resident Evil films to the Romero zombie films, because they are both decidedly different interpretations of generally the same subject matter. I mean, the games simply spawned from the creators' own inspirations and interpretations of zombie lore (and probably did not come exclusively from Romero's work). That said, it seems like a much better practice to compare the Resident Evil films to the games themselves;and how the unique style, eerie feel, and "conspiracy-theory" story are represented in the films (if at all) - and it seems like that's what several people have been doing already.

As a fan of the games (particularly how they are arranged, and how gamers experience them), I'm a little disappointed with the direction the film adaptations have taken. I won't say they are terrible interpretations (they are just different, if a little underdeveloped); but they just don't boast an enduring spirit of the games. They feel contrived, and much less unique than they should.

I just think... That they screwed things up at the ending... I mean I have just watched the movie then came running to post somewhere about my disappointment... I think both Constantin Films and Paul Anderson should be exposed to the T-Virus... I mean The whole movie was fine until the ending... It sucked... I think they should´ve never rejected Romero´s Script..

PD: Sorry sbout the trekkie quote about the T-virus.. I just didn´t feel like saying killed...

Originally Posted by biohazard_525
I think both Constantin Films and Paul Anderson should be exposed to the T-Virus...

lmao
that is so true

Why was Nicholai a good guy? In the game, he was the bad guy. Couldn't they have given some background to him?

I never read the previous posts but I im in love with the lady who plays Jill. I can't stand the russian chick. RE1 sucked but this one looks awesome 3 reasons why. 1. The character Jill is in it, 2. Im a big Capcom Fan (RE, e.t.c) 3. The Nemesis.

Maybe a 6/10. But ones a charity point, so I guess not.

Originally Posted by shafe
I don't know. Nemesis was under Umbrella's control but he was able to act on freewill. Are they making a third movie? That'd be sweet.

Edit: Oh btw does anyone know what song is used in those trailers where she is like running down the side of the building, etc?
Yeah I also wanna find out what song that is. Even though you here a little clip of it in the trailer, it totally rocks. It sounds a bit like 36 Crazy Fists, I believe they have a song on the official soundtrack called Bloodwork. But that's not the song. Anybody know which song is the song from the end of the trailer, or how to find out?

I've already listened to all of the clips from the soundtrack and can't place it, I don't think its on there.

On another thread someone posted that the song is by Papa Roach and its called Not Listening. Cool I finally got to d/l and listen to it.

As for the movie I'd like to say that I enjoyed it a lot. It was way better than the first one, and as a faithfull fan of the games it satisfyed me.

Anybody know in which city was the movie shot?

Originally Posted by mauro2029

Anybody know in which city was the movie shot?
The movie was mainly shot in Toronto, Canada.