Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Me too, although Blowup has a different kind of charm that I also appreciate a lot. Blow Out aims to do a completely different thing with a similar premise.

So if I liked "Blow-up", would you guys recommend that I watch "Blow Out"?

I just finished watching "Blow-Up", and I thought it was brilliant. Like you said, it wasn't what I thought it would be, but it's one of those movies that leaves you with more questions than answers.

I watched the movie "The Swimmer" last night, and I thought that was another brilliant movie for the same reason. It left me with more questions than answers.

IMO, these are the types of movies that you guys should be doing commentaries on because the discussion after the movie could potentially go on for days afterwards with many different theories about the movie.
Ah, glad you enjoyed it! The Swimmer is one of my personal favorites, by the way.

I thought you were looking for a more Hitchcockian kind of ending, but you seem to be someone who also appreciates more ambiguous stuff.

Definitely check out Blow Out if you want a more stylized and thriller-based version of Blowup's premise!

Watched Blow-Up a couple of weeks ago and loved the way the story slowly unfolds with a little more information revealed each time the movie moves forward. It reminded me of The Conversation - another great.

Ah, glad you enjoyed it! The Swimmer is one of my personal favorites, by the way.

I thought you were looking for a more Hitchcockian kind of ending, but you seem to be someone who also appreciates more ambiguous stuff.

Definitely check out Blow Out if you want a more stylized and thriller-based version of Blowup's premise!

I love Hitchcock movies, but I can appreciate other movies too. I've learned over the years that some of the best movies aren't what I expect them to be when I decide to watch them.

BTW, one of the main reasons that I decided to watch "The Swimmer" was because you were recommending it so highly. That was another movie that wasn't what I was expecting, but it turned out to be a fantastic movie.

After ''The Woman In Black'' ! look forward to see this

I have my DVR set for this movie too. It's on Turner Classic Movies tonight at 12:15AM Eastern Time for anyone who's interested in it.

Check your local listings for the correct time in your time zone.

L'Enfant (2005) by Luc Dardenne and Jean-Pierre Dardenne

Palme d'Or winner from 2005. I loved The Kid With a Bike and i definitly think this could be a contender for my Best of the Year list!

An Autumn Afternoon (1962) by Yasujiro Ozu

Another Ozu film, that i hope is going to be a contender for my 60's list. Its one of Michael J. Anderson favorite movies of the sixties!

The Secret World of Arietty. It's Ghibli so I'm watching it simple as that lol

The Bib-iest of Nickels

Final Destination 5: I have learned not to expect much from this franchise, but I am hoping that it at least comes close to matching the first one. (Which wasn't exactly "Good" either)