Favorite Director and Least Favorite Film by them?

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes...
Pretty simple, just tell me your favorite director and your least favorite film they have done.

Werner Herzog, and though I haven't seen every film by him yet, my least favorite is probably My Son, My Son, What Have We Done. Weird that the collaboration between my favorite director and favorite American actor ended up being a bit of a failed experiment. I know Herzog used the RED cameras during it, and hated them, saying they were made by people who don't know how cameras function.

Nonetheless an interesting watch, as to be expected by Herzog. Just not a time I feel Herzog was successful executing his vision.

Pretty simple, just tell me your favorite director and your least favorite film they have done.
My favourite director is Ridley Scott and my least favourite of his films (that I've seen) is Robin Hood. To my mind as soon as he started making more films more often the quality started to drop.

Werner Herzog, and though I haven't seen every film by him yet, my least favorite is probably My Son, My Son, What Have We Done. Weird that the collaboration between my favorite director and favorite American actor ended up being a bit of a failed experiment. I know Herzog used the RED cameras during it, and hated them, saying they were made by people who don't know how cameras function.

Nonetheless an interesting watch, as to be expected by Herzog. Just not a time I feel Herzog was successful executing his vision.
I haven't seen any other full Herzog films except his Kinski ones – I've seen most of Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans which was a weird experience because it didn't seem like his style. My favourite is Aguirre, Wrath of God, which made a big impression because I felt that I'd never seen a director before with such a pronounced and arresting way of constructing shots. Nosferatu the Vampyre's a belter as well because you actually feel like you're there in the period.

Dario Argento has made a lot of bad films recently, but his worst is probably Dracula 3D
I would like to see some of Dario Argento's films as he looks interesting. And if Asia Argento's in any of them that won't hurt either.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I would like to see some of Dario Argento's films as he looks interesting. And if Asia Argento's in any of them that won't hurt either.
Sadly, she's in a lot of his weaker efforts

At the moment probably John Ford, Drums Along the Mohawk.
I'm sometimes surprised by what John Ford made. I watched a documentary on the She Wore a Yellow Ribbon DVD last year and it was interesting finding out more about the man, and his friendship with John Wayne.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I mean the man made over 80 films that survive, and many more that don't. So of course there are oddballs abound in a list that large

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Right now, I am rewatching every Coen Brothers film, and their worst is most definitely The Ladykillers. Just a huge missed opportunity there.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Master of My Domain
Currently my fav director is Fellini, but Juliet of the Spirits was quite mediocre.

Welcome to the human race...
My go-to answer for favourite director is John Carpenter, and as for my least favourite film - well, I'd say there are a few major contenders, all of which have reasonable claims to the "throne" (and all currently have [rating1.5[/rating] ratings in my book). In order of release:

Memoirs of an Invisible Man - Carpenter's done some good journeyman work in his time, but him being called on to direct Chevy Chase as an invisible man with a sarcastic side is an incredible misfire (relatively decent - if dated - effects work aside).

Village of the Damned - I guess the man only had one good remake in him.

Ghosts of Mars - a messy sci-fi pastiche where Carpenter manages to be derivative of all his best films without offering any significant levels of innovation to compensate for its B-movie flaws.

The Ward - not quite as bad as I was expecting but it's still about what you'd expect from any other psychological horror/thriller/drama that takes place in an old-fashioned sanitarium.

The Terminator
Martin Scorsese. I have seen all of his movies, and while his worst is probably Boxcar Bertha, my least favorite is New York New York.

Ghosts of Mars - a messy sci-fi pastiche where Carpenter manages to be derivative of all his best films without offering any significant levels of innovation to compensate for its B-movie flaws..
I haven't seen a lot of the films you mention, including Ghost of Mars, but I was really surprised to find out it had originally been Escape from Mars, intended as another Snake Plissken film.

Welcome to the human race...
I haven't seen a lot of the films you mention, including Ghost of Mars, but I was really surprised to find out it had originally been Escape from Mars, intended as another Snake Plissken film.
Yeah, that makes sense considering how Ice Cube plays a very Snake-like character.