What's Your Favorite Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings Movie?

Tools    

What is your Favorite Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings Movie?
53.85%
14 votes
Fellowship of the Ring
23.08%
6 votes
Two Towers
23.08%
6 votes
Return of the King
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Fellowship, I would know because my profile name is Gandalf ffs.

1. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Extended Edition] directed by Peter Jackson -
I might be biased cause I've seen this one at least 30 times and it never gets old but I can always find myself enjoying Fellowship now matter what the day.
2. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the Kind [Extended Edition] directed by Peter Jackson -

3. The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers [Extended Edition] directed by Peter Jackson -

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Happy for all of you guys. They made the Warcraft movie just for you .

Time will tell how that pans out. Not super impressed by the trailers so far.

No, they made "the Hobbit" movies just for us, and did you see how those turned out? (I liked the first 2 but still that 3rd one was a disappointment)

Still I am a fan of the Warcraft strategy games not World of Warcraft, which everybody seems to think is the name of the movie, which it is not, it is just called Warcraft.

Fellowship is the slowest and most boring of all 3. There is a lot of set up. It's missing one of the coolest characters - golem.

Two Towers is the best by far. It has frodos battle with the ring, golem, helms deep, rohan, sarumon and sauron.

Return of the King is great but it's not as dynamic as two towers, lacks the character development with the exception of merry/pippin.
*Gollum

The Terminator
My favorite is Return of the King

Here's my take on it:

The Fellowship of the Ring

This is indeed a maybe perfect? epic adoptation of the epic novel. I hear Peter is a true fan, and it shows. It's done with passion. It really introduces the whole world grandiously. I especially like the Cate-narrated intro.

The Gandalf-Saruman scene is great. One of my faves is in Rivendell, the council of Elrond. Who is to be the ring-bearer? ONE RING TO FIND THEM, ONE RING TO RULL THEM ALL" And then of course the Gandalf-Balrog in Moria. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" But my absolute fave is in Lothlorien when Galadriel The Lady of light uses her ring. "A QUEEN. A BEAUTIFUL QUEEN. STRONGER THAN THE VERY FOUNDATIONS OF EARTH." And all that. The hottest scene ever. Except uma, of course.

Personally I would say Return of the King is my favourite, followed by Two Towers. I'm in it for the action, so it seems.

But my absolute fave is in Lothlorien when Galadriel The Lady of light uses her ring. "A QUEEN. A BEAUTIFUL QUEEN. STRONGER THAN THE VERY FOUNDATIONS OF EARTH." And all that. The hottest scene ever. Except uma, of course.
Uma? Uma Thurman? She's not in the movies is she?

Uma? Uma Thurman? She's not in the movies is she?
No, I just meant that Cate scene is the hottest thing since Uma. Of course she's not in it. I just happen to consider her the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Venus above Venuses.

No, I just meant that Cate scene is the hottest thing since Uma. Of course she's not in it. I just happen to consider her the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Venus above Venuses.
Ah. Hmm. Really?

She's kinda pretty I guess.

OOOHHHHHH... okay.

haha ok. I must be dreaming. i'm sweating and all I can see are images of her. This forum is turning into an Uma forum. As it should. How about if I do nothing but images, gifs, videos of her! AH! Wouldn't that be something Yoda would have something to say about? So I won't do it. I admit I had an uncountable number of wet dreams with her in them. She is just TOO beautiful. She's TOO much!

haha ok. I must be dreaming. i'm sweating and all I can see are images of her. This forum is turning into an Uma forum. As it should. How about if I do nothing but images, gifs, videos of her! AH! Wouldn't that be something Yoda would have something to say about? So I won't do it. I admit I had an uncountable number of wet dreams with her in them. She is just TOO beautiful. She's TOO much!
Damn, I almost wish I had your obsession!

Two Towers is the lest engaging. Fellowship had it all. Return of the King is almost near perfect, it stumbles near the end though.

Fellowship for me.

The Two Towers

btw i decided to promote The Fellowship to 4.5/5

Ah the begining! YOU SHALL NOT PASS! I LOVE Ian! You get to see all those mountains of cold, getting ever closer and louder and ho inside and

I must say never has a more epic trilogy or even saga existed. The key for me in Star Wars is the music. It just wouldn't be the same without it. I love John Williams and agree with the popular belief that he's the greatest score writer ever. But scene-wise i always prefered LOTR (as I do generaly).

The Two Towers is exactly what a midle one should be. Among my favorites is Saruman "TO WAR!"

I'll just finish with The Two Towers now. Or try to. Treebeard is one of my favorite characters.

I like him because he goes "hm hm hm...hm hm" And he's all over like that.

My favorite scene is probably when Gandalf the White appears.

It would be hard for me to rank the characters, but I'll try.

1. Frodo Baggins - i just had to do it, he's the ring-bearer, I love Eliah Wood, he's a hobbit (nuf said) and he in fact sort of represents Jesus because it was up to him to defeat Sauron who represents the devil. I hope I'm not being sacriledgeous.

2. Sauron - ok, ok, it's him, i know, but he's probably the most fascinating vilain in cinema history for me. The Eye itself would be more than enough.

3. Gandalf - I just LOVE, LOVE him. The most positive character.

4. Aragorn - The same here, plus he's human, the archetypical hero. He's valiant, brave, smart, a fighter, a stoic, never takes the easy way out, yet he's quiet and humble. I love him and Orlando Bloom was perfect for the role, imho.

My god, now it's impossible for me to decide between Sam, Merry and Pippin, ok.

5. Sam - Who could not love him? He'd give his life for Frodo any day of the week.

I love Pippin. He's the most ridiculous and hobbitest of them all. Impossible to decide between the three.