Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Temple of Doom
2. Last Crusade
4. Crystal Skull

Sorry about the tie for second. Though Temple of Doom is the better film on paper, I get a little more entertainment value out of Last Crusade. Sorry, can't make the decision...

I got to wonder if for Indy 5 if Indy will be killed off? I doubt it but after The Force Awakens I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibility. It's supposed to be the final installment and will obviously be Harrison's final outing as the character. I'm not sure if Disney is still keeping the Young Indy TV show as canon, due to the bookends that show him in the modern age (showing he's obviously still alive at least well into the 1990s). It'd be a rough way to end the series, but after TFA it's not something to completely rule out.

After seeing Ready Player One (awesome movie too BTW), Spielberg definitely has it in him to do one more Indy movie. If RPO is any indicator he hasn't lost his touch.

After seeing Ready Player One (awesome movie too BTW), Spielberg definitely has it in him to do one more Indy movie. If RPO is any indicator he hasn't lost his touch.
Don't give in to the temptations of CGI would be my advice.

I got to wonder if for Indy 5 if Indy will be killed off? I doubt it but after The Force Awakens I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibility. It's supposed to be the final installment and will obviously be Harrison's final outing as the character. I'm not sure if Disney is still keeping the Young Indy TV show as canon, due to the bookends that show him in the modern age (showing he's obviously still alive at least well into the 1990s). It'd be a rough way to end the series, but after TFA it's not something to completely rule out.
They did say not when it was first announced. I think it would be a very negative ending too.

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Temple of Doom
2. Last Crusade
4. Crystal Skull

Sorry about the tie for second. Though Temple of Doom is the better film on paper, I get a little more entertainment value out of Last Crusade. Sorry, can't make the decision...
Last Crusade was great in the cinema. I didn't see the others there.

First one Temple of Doom excellent, the rest didnt compare but still watchable.

Temple Of Doom is actually the second film of the series although chronologically it's the first as it's a prequel set before Raiders.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
That's the thing I don't get about Indiana Jones, is that in the first one, he doesn't believe in anything of the supernatural and thinks it's all dumb, yet why does he feel that way, about all the stuff he witnessed in the second one, since it takes place before?

I chalk it up to him simply not mentioning what he saw during the events of Temple Of Doom as the university staff would've probably thought of him as crazy for his recollection of what he saw and he might lost his teaching credentials.

Yeah but he himself, actually seemed surprise at the idea of the arc having powers though. Plus Marcus himself, believed in the supernatural, so why would Marcus believe he was crazy? I thought Indy would have thought he would have found someone who was open to his beliefs, that he could open up to.

It could've also been to protect the villagers in Temple Of Doom. He initially wanted the Sankara Stones for himself but decided to give the one last stone to the village, so maybe out of respect for them he decided not to mention anything he saw during the events of TOD.

Yeah that's true. Even in the 4th one, when Mutt tells Indy the supernatural story, Indy replies "It's just a story, kid". You think after all three movies, he would be at the point where his response would be "Your story means the world could be taken over, we need to go right now!".

I've seen some rank the Young Indy series in with the films. The series gets a very 50/50 reception, but some agree the best episodes of the show were worthy to be ranked alongside the films. It's been so long since I last saw them and the DVD sets are unfortunately just way too pricey. I've heard the bookends from them were actually omitted too, to add insult to injury.

I've seen some rank the Young Indy series in with the films. The series gets a very 50/50 reception, but some agree the best episodes of the show were worthy to be ranked alongside the films. It's been so long since I last saw them and the DVD sets are unfortunately just way too pricey. I've heard the bookends from them were actually omitted too, to add insult to injury.
I never saw any of the Young Indy series properly but as a – then – Doctor Who fan it was novel that both Jon Pertwee and Colin Baker made appearances in the franchise. John Hurt being in The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has since added another Doctor to the tally .

That's a cool connection for sure. My best memory of Young Indy is the fun (if quite tough) NES game. Played it non-stop back in the day.

Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)