DVD Players; An Option in Your Car?

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
How many TV's do you have? DVD players? VCR's? How about your friends?

Recently, some automobile companies have started giving their buyers the option of having a DVD player installed in some of their cars. It seems rather odd that some people would not have air bags installed (side-panel, rear seat), but rather opt for a video machine in their cars.

Do you think this anti-social?

There has been some controversy over talking on a cell phone while driving. Legislatures say that talking on a cell phone can distract the driver, causing them to have accidents. In fact some American states have banned it, handing out hefty fines for those that break the rule.

Do we really need movies played in the car while we're driving? Aren't they a little distracting? I can almost bet that sometime in the future there will be a car accident involving children, and a speculation will be made that the driver was distracted because a movie was playing in the background.

What do you think?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I think there are two dangers associated with driving and cell phone use. I speak from experience................

First............drivers must take their eyes off the road while dialing.

Second...........people can become so absorbed in their conversations that their ability to concentrate on the act of driving is severely impaired, jeopardizing the safety of vehicle occupants and pedestrians.

What about people who are injured in crashes where the at-fault driver was using a cell phone to discuss business matters............employers may be held legally accountable for the negligent acts of employees, committed in the course of employment.....................it's a nightmare..............

I support a total ban on cell phone use whilst driving...........

A DVD and VCR in the car.........too distracting for the driver....

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

How can hearing a movie played in the background be any different from music, talk radio, and audio books? If they made it where passengers could only hear it with headphones, then I don't see any danger with it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I personally would much rather have one of the portable DVD players on the market than one installed in my car… and as long as they are out of the view of the driver, I see no problem. If noise is a factor, they have headphone adapters for them…

As far as cell phones go… they should be banned in vehicles…. especially for people driving SUV's and minivans…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Why not just buy the car in Christine? Then you're guaranteed death!

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
Why not just buy the car in Christine? Then you're guaranteed death!

You would be safe in Kit from nightrider or even the cheeky Herbie.....

Could you imagine Herbie with DVD accessories ?

dvd players should not be allowed in the front area of the car where a driver might be tempted to watch him/her self
if a dvd player were to be put in the car it should be put in such a place where only the rear passengers would be able to see it