If THIS doesn't freak you out....

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Yup.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

toose, your avatar freaked me more than that!!

I don't understand what's freaky about it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally posted by LordSlaytan

I don't understand what's freaky about it.
Me either... ... Toose?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Maybe it isn't freaky if you're used to it or if you don't realize that it's actually human beings being blown to smithereens down there like in a video game.

Piddy's right...

I thought it was really freaky to witness the rather cold detachment displayed here. I know it's necessary for them to do their jobs but man...

Did you see those guys running? The people huddled in the tunnel?

The gunner saying "I just saw one of them flying apart"
(it takes place at 6:35 in the video... watch the guy's torso fly about 60 feet out of the explosion to the right)

Not freaky to you?

Ah…. There in lies the problem for me at least then… I couldn’t really see anything, just heard a scrambled radio transmission and it wasn't that clear what was going on... I’ll have to check my player and see what’s up with it…

Originally posted by Toose
Piddy's right...

I thought it was really freaky to witness the rather cold detachment displayed here. I know it's necessary for them to do their jobs but man...

Did you see those guys running? The people huddled in the tunnel?

The gunner saying "I just saw one of them flying apart"
(it takes place at 6:35 in the video... watch the guy's torso fly about 60 feet out of the explosion to the right)

Not freaky to you?

Yeah. I too understand that if it's a war situation, people will die. And perhaps it's easier for the soldiers to do their job if they do it in this "video game" way. But it still made me upset when you could see a guy running for his life, they shot him and then you could understand that he was crawling on the ground, trying to get away and to safety. They said: "That guy is still moving" and then they finished him off. It was really frightening TO ME. It felt like it was more about wiping that place out of all existing life than to neutralize the fighters and their weapons.

It is freaky. It is disturbing. But not in a "how could they do that?" way. More in a "why does it always seem to come to this?" sort of way.

As awful as it may seem, I'm glad our soldiers have that detached view, for the most part. It probably makes them much better at their jobs. It's rather similar to the idea that it's good some people have an odd, morbid acceptance for the dead, because we need coroners. I wouldn't necessarily wanna be friends with someone who worked at a morgue, but it's good that some people can hold that attitude towards death.

I wanna be blown to bits when I die at 200 -- not into coffins, embalming, cremation, that sort of thing. Just let me burst apart, like fireworks. Wave some American flags as I go - that'll be my funeral. Then have a picnic. Enjoy Mother Nature.