Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I can however quickly and categorically say that I've seen all of them all the way down to Tokyo Story though
Same . You should get a Letterboxd account, it's useful for alot of things, and fun as well. I'm addicted to making lists on it since it's so easy; got one for every year since 1940 and ones for various directors.

If you have Letterboxd and you've marked the films off it automatically counts it for you.

Same . You should get a Letterboxd account, it's useful for alot of things, and fun as well. I'm addicted to making lists on it since it's so easy; got one for every year since 1940 and ones for various directors.
I did have one for a little while but I rarely remembered to go on and mark a film off so just gave up on it completely

The Killing of a Sacred Deer

This mystery delivered some good acting and suspense. However it fell short, similar to the recent flick Mother!, because it didn't make too much sense after all. Some scenes were quite disturbing/sick as well.

Get Out is better in the same genre.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I just seen that the other night. I gave it about the same rating too. What did you think of Marlon Brando in it?
It was on TV last night and if I didn't saw that You watched it the day before I would miss out on it. So thanks CR
That's funny that You asked me about Brando, coz from all this movie mainly his cast has been in my mind since I watched the movie. I would compare his character to Neanderthal, a little bit boorish I think. The same as in A Streetcar Named Desire. What do You think about this? Would You agree?

It (2017)

The dramatic parts were much better then the scary parts.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)

It (2017)

The dramatic parts were much better then the scary parts.
Yea I agree. I felt the scary parts had too much of a reliance on jump scares and also felt similar to the Conjuring/insidious type movies we are getting, especially in the “haunted house”. The first scene though, the drain scene is chilling and near perfect. Overall though, something was a bit rushed about the movie, probably because I’ve read the book. So I didn’t give it such a high rating.

It was on TV last night and if I didn't saw that You watched it the day before I would miss out on it. So thanks CR
That's funny that You asked me about Brando, coz from all this movie mainly his cast has been in my mind since I watched the movie. I would compare his character to Neanderthal, a little bit boorish I think. The same as in A Streetcar Named Desire. What do You think about this? Would You agree?
Yes! Brando did have Neanderthal behavior in Sayonara, which didn't work for his character....He was also Neanderthal like in A Streetcar Named Desire, but in that movie it fits his character's personality, so I liked him in Streetcar.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

I'm well aware that a lot of people really didn't like this movie, but I don't care. I'm a fan of the original show and I used to watch this one on HBO all the time as a kid. I liked it then and I like it now and that's all I have to say on the matter.

Kill Your Friends (Owen Harris, 2015)

It might be a tad excessive if all they've done is suggest watching this but then again...

Witness for the Prosecution (1957)
a Billy Wilder movie I have seriously needed to see from the 50s Countdown List. Charles Laughton, Tyrone Power and Marlene Dietrich top the excellent cast.
And NOW I know the movie that Mel Brooks spoofs in Blazing Saddles near the end with Madeline Kahn is singing with a group of soldiers.
Anyways, a great movie that would've scored high on my list.
I Couldn't agree more, Ed. "Prosecution" is one of a group of movies that I never tire of re-watching. Laughton was usually brilliant in most of his roles, and in this one he was flawless. He reportedly was all over this production, helping the other actors, personally reading his part during their dialogues, etc. The story was compelling, and immediately draws in the viewer.

The rest of the cast was first rate: Elsa Lanchester, Deitrich, and even a wonderful cameo by Una O'Connor. Power did an excellent job, but I always felt that he was limited as an actor.

In my view it should have won Oscars for best picture and best actor for 1957. However it was up against some stiff competition from Bridge Over the River Kwai ("Kwai" and Alec Guiness won those 2, plus David Lean for direction), Sayonara, 12 Angry Men, and Peyton Place.

Today there's no question that a sequel would have been made, don't you agree?..

~Doc

Hud (1963).

More a play than a film, Hud Bannon is an unsympathetic character but Paul Newman plays the part to a tee. To the extent where I wan't Huds principles more than his fathers. Patricia Neal deserves a mention as her performance cutting and thrusting with Newman is a joy.
4/5.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I Couldn't agree more, Ed. "Prosecution" is one of a group of movies that I never tire of re-watching. Laughton was usually brilliant in most of his roles, and in this one he was flawless. He reportedly was all over this production, helping the other actors, personally reading his part during their dialogues, etc. The story was compelling, and immediately draws in the viewer.

The rest of the cast was first rate: Elsa Lanchester, Deitrich, and even a wonderful cameo by Una O'Connor. Power did an excellent job, but I always felt that he was limited as an actor.

In my view it should have won Oscars for best picture and best actor for 1957. However it was up against some stiff competition from Bridge Over the River Kwai ("Kwai" and Alec Guiness won those 2, plus David Lean for direction), Sayonara, 12 Angry Men, and Peyton Place.

Today there's no question that a sequel would have been made, don't you agree?..

~Doc
absolutely, there would have been quite the franchise with Laughton and Lanchester running the gambit as lawyer and his trusted nurse/aid.
There were quite a few great cameos as I watched this and, like you, I'll be watching again and again.
And yes, that IS some serious competition for the Oscars that year.

A small little bit of trivia I found kind of amusing was that, with this being an Agatha Christie story, that Elsa Lanchester would, later on, play Agatha Christie's female detective in the spoof comedy "Murder By Death" - I gues that would be considered by today's standards as an Easter Egg. lol

I don't really get what is supposed to be so great about this either. It's #4 on the best british films list. Guess it's that Hitchcock was such an important and great director and his best work was clearly in Hollywood so his British films were overrated by critics, or it's really great and i'm missing something. Who knows, i found it overall enjoyable but really exhausting to watch.
I haven't seen it in a long while but as far as I can recall, what I liked the most about it was the ending. I mean, it was a decent film otherwise but the ending elevated it to another level, I think.