Mortal Kombat reboot

Tools    

News in: Just talking about it now in another thread got me Googling...

Kevin Tancharoen, the director behind Mortal Kombat Rebirth, Mortal Kombat Legacy and Fame (2009) has been pencilled in by Warner Brothers for the reboot of Mortal Kombat on the Big Screen.

No news on plot, story etc but... if the director knows his way around MK already, and by the sound of it he's been given a £/$50m budget, it may be a good thing.

I have to admit, I haven't seen his two MK movies but I have seen Fame. Fame was a rubbish remake...
... hopefully he'll learn from Fame while making MK and bring his knowledge from his previous MK movies too, if they were any good, that is.

£$50m budget though, that'll be worth a look for a fight'em up.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I'm pumped for this lol. Annihilation was kickass.

Go for it, can't be any worse than Mortal Kombat Annihilation lol

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
I am really, really excited for this. Those short films/web series' that he made are outstanding (you can find them both on Youtube). The gore, the story and the fight scenes are pure magic on screen and his budget was a hell of a lot less then what's been said here.
With the actors he had to work with, the quality of scenes were good and the fight scenes were pretty outstanding.
If this goes ahead, I'll be going to the big screen to give it a chance - regardless of the bad rep Fame seemed to get. Different ball parks!