Meatwadsprite's Slow Review Thread

→ in
Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
though I feel how American Beauty blends in some comedic/quirky situations just subtracts from the power of the film.
Really? I feel it adds to it. I like American Beauty a whole lot.

Really? I feel it adds to it. I like American Beauty a whole lot.
WARNING: "stupid" spoilers below

I hate the kids dad thinks his son is giving Lester a blowjob : by not being able to see the small area covered by the window.

I'm really impressed meat, I think that may be your best review yet. A little more fine tuning and I'd say you're golden.

Was that Chris Cooper as the homophobe army guy? Nice review allsways Spritz

12 Angry Men (1 viewing)

Plot : Twelve jury members must decide the fate of an 18 year old kid who has supposedly killed his father.

Story : Another film with it's plot set out right away and it focuses on it through all the way : similar to the amazing Battle Royale. The great huge cast here plays an amazing group of morally different men. The group at first is completely sure the kid is the killer - but one man challenges them all and opens this seemingly closed case. Though I can't say this film would be as great on further viewings - since it mostly spends it's time reviewing suspenseful facts and unfolding like a mystery movie. The musical score also seems tacked on and the DVD of this I saw - it was of very dated quality. Overall the actors are really what makes this movie - they go through the jury room and use every detail to make the story much more depth full.

Visuals : Incredibly original and to this date has never been done in any film I've seen. The whole movie takes place in one room and for a small portion the bathroom to the room - the room and the weather outside are very part of the film. Though this has been in reservoir dogs in a small way - it's still very unique and my favorite part of 12 Angry Men.

WARNING: "Interpretations" spoilers below
Discussion Topic : Did anyone feel the movie was hinting majorly that the guy trying to save the kid's life was in fact the actual killer. He had the same knife and some dark music played when he was by himself. He wants to save the kid's life so bad because he feels guilty for him.

Synopsis : A truly unique visual experience - that relies on it's great actors and unfortunately facts that won't be exciting on the second viewings.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

Visuals : Incredibly original and to this date has never been done. The whole movie takes place in one room and for a small portion the bathroom to the room

Nope, it was just done in one of my favorite indies

I must tell you to check it out if you loved 12 Angry Men's style,

I'll have to check that out.
In shameless self-promotion

and I'm glad we both enjoyed something

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
To Meat: Your spoiler is a definite NO! Interesting way to look at it, but rewatch it and think it through from the opposite perspective. By the way, this contradicts your "alleged" negative remarks of the film. Just rewatch it again ASAP. You know the result, but you will savor all the acting and visual details much more. Plus, maybe this time, you'll remember that the opening scene is set in a courtroom and the closing scene is outdoors. Movies are SO awesome.

You compared 12 Angry Men to Battle Royale?

Well Ben Hur is almost as good as Superbad?

Ben Hur was pretty good though.
and so was Superbad?

Zatoichi The Blind Swordsman (1 viewing)

Plot : A blind masseur enters a town with two rival gangs trying to take controll - he runs into some other people who get tied into the gang war.

Story : It's called Zatoichi , but it's not really about him. Many different characters take their turns being developed and studied - which I feel here takes away from the emotional power of the film , but still is entertaining in another way. How it unfolds is very unique - capturing parts of events , that leaves the details up to you : but again this takes away from other aspects of the film . The ending is very open ended as well. As far as speed goes , this is pretty fast compared to most Kitano films.

Visuals : A ton of camera movement compared to Takeshi's usuall style. The sword fights - though very short : are all amazing to watch and there are lots of picture perfect moments throughout. Also , from time to time these workers will sync up with the music and it looks really incredible.

Synopsis : It's semi-mysterious way of telling it's story can cloud it's stronger emotions - but it's overall a fun film that packs amazing action and music , while keeping you guessing.

Batman (1 viewing)

Plot : A deformed gangster reaks havoc upon the already crime infested city of Gotham.

Story : Starts out with having nothing to do with Batman or Bruce Wayne at all for the majority of the first half , instead it introduces some other characters who never develope past this incredibly cheesy and fake personalities. Further in your introduced very briefly to Bruce Wayne when he ruins The Joker's (Jack Nicholson) set of dumb plans , which eventually turns into a emotionaless fued between the two. The acting here is just downright horrible , though Jack Nicholson for the most part dominates as The Joker - he can't save the entire rest of this acting joke.

Visuals : Older super-hero movies like this and Superman suffer from using horrible looking special effects , that at the time may have looked good : but are just foolish now. There are some really amazing moments to be found every once in a great while here , but it's obviously not a movie that Burton should showcase as his style.

Synopsis : After seeing this , I would credit Batman Begins : which I hated as being the best live action Batman film. There can always be a movie even through horrible looking special effects , but then your falling back on the story and acting : which are in fact worse than the special effects.

Visuals : Older super-hero movies like this and Superman suffer from using horrible looking special effects , that at the time may have looked good : but are just foolish now. There are some really amazing moments to be found every once in a great while here , but it's obviously not a movie that Burton should showcase as his style.

It is a movie from the 80's, they didn't have the technology, so you really souldn't blame them, not there fault, they did the best they could. It is like blaming a poor person for not having a mansion.

I would almost agree aside from the fact that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade came out that same year - and is still is one of the best (and best looking) action movies to date.