Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes...
So nobody then?

Movie making is an art. Artists experiment with new things. Sometimes they go through peaks and valleys of quality. It is just part of the creative process. Make enough movies and there will be a few bad ones.
Hey man I don't disagree, but there are a lot of directors who bar-none don't have a single critically received bad film (or mediocre film). I think those are the people who deserve to be in the top 20 directors of all time.

Who's the new guy? First dissin Star Wars and now the Coen brothers. God is testing me and I'm failing miserably.
I feel like I'm walking on thin ice right now . Look its all just opinion bro .

Hey man I love the Coen's I think No Country is a perfect film. I think Intolerable and Ladykillers are just some weak spots. I love Star Wars as well, but if your going to tell me Episode VII is good, I'm gonna disagree with you.
I agree they have duds actually. The two you mentioned I agree with I also don't care for Hudsucker Proxy. Fargo, No Country, Lebowsky, Llewyn Davis, True Grit, Barton Fink. That is the lineup of a great directing duo.

I understand some of the criticisms of Star Wars. I absolutely love that Abrams listened to the fans and gave us the theater experience we have been craving for 30 years. The movie was fresh because it had been so long. I will admit that I hope they have something different planned going forward but that doesn't mean I didn't love what I just experienced. I think the new characters are great and we are in good hands so I am extremely optimistic. If you would have asked me three months ago I was very scared, so Abrams hooked me.

I would be genuinely interested in knowing why you think this is not a Star Wars movie. Even the people criticizing it are saying the opposite.

Seriously welcome to the site. The best people here have very strong opinions like yourself so I am looking forward getting to know your tastes and maybe even you a bit.

Hey man I don't disagree, but there are a lot of directors who bar-none don't have a single critically received bad film (or mediocre film). I think those are the people who deserve to be in the top 20 directors of all time.
You mind naming a few?

I can think of a plenty of titans and critically loved filmmakers of cinema with bad movies. Kurosawa made The Most Beautiful, Kubrick had Fear and Desire, Scorsese had his own ups and downs, Spike Lee had Bamboozled and She Hate Me, and the likes of Godard and Coppola just plain lost their mojo at a certain point. Hell many of Kubricks movies at the time of release had MIXED reviews. 2001: A Space Odyssey had a lot of bad reviews, but now people see it as a masterpiece.

Critical praise does not necessarily mean good. That just means a bunch of people paid to watch movies liked it. Good is in the eye of the beholder. Avatar was draped in critical praise and that movie was mediocre at best. What matters is how YOU feel about the movie. Not the critics.

And for the record I like the Coens. I don't LOVE them... I like em.

Most modern American cinema.. I have only one thing to say...

Yeah, it's a crying shame there are no good English speaking film makers out there. Oh well, maybe someday they will figure it out and make all kinds of different movies for all different types of tastes. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, it's a crying shame there are no good English speaking film makers out there. Oh well, maybe someday they will figure it out and make all kinds of different movies for all different types of tastes. Fingers crossed.
Yah know.. this wasnt to your conversation.... it was an addition to my Martyrs American remake....

Martyrs=most modern American cinema?
I watched the American remake .. just came out this year... it was sh*t!

Oh wait.. many American films have been like that lately....

If they had subtitles, you'd probably love them.
nah.. there are some decent American films... its not all about subs or the country...

I agree they have duds actually. The two you mentioned I agree with I also don't care for Hudsucker Proxy. Fargo, No Country, Lebowsky, Llewyn Davis, True Grit, Barton Fink. That is the lineup of a great directing duo.

I understand some of the criticisms of Star Wars. I absolutely love that Abrams listened to the fans and gave us the theater experience we have been craving for 30 years. The movie was fresh because it had been so long. I will admit that I hope they have something different planned going forward but that doesn't mean I didn't love what I just experienced. I think the new characters are great and we are in good hands so I am extremely optimistic. If you would have asked me three months ago I was very scared, so Abrams hooked me.

I would be genuinely interested in knowing why you think this is not a Star Wars movie. Even the people criticizing it are saying the opposite.

Seriously welcome to the site. The best people here have very strong opinions like yourself so I am looking forward getting to know your tastes and maybe even you a bit.
Hey thanks for the welcome man. I should probably write a review of Star Wars just because I have so many thoughts on why it doesn't feel like Star Wars.

I watched the American remake .. just came out this year... it was sh*t!

Oh wait.. many American films have been like that lately....
I had no idea you felt this way.

Seanc... I would say The Relevant is the best I have seen so far for the past few months at the cinema... Star Wars The Force Awakes would be midway down the list.... Most of the other films I have seen at the cinema were forgettable.... because I cant even remember what I seen...and this is from October to now...

Seanc... I would say The Relevant is the best I have seen so far for the past few months at the cinema... Star Wars The Force Awakes would be midway down the list.... Most of the other films I have seen at the cinema were forgettable.... because I cant even remember what I seen...and this is from October to now...
This is all very Relevant, thanks.

the only thing I like about Martyrs was that I don't need subtitles to watch it

the only thing I like about Martyrs was that I don't need subtitles to watch it
hmmm both French and English ones right?

I do think a lot of it is the translation in movies. I can watch a foreign film and pick up words I know that are incorrect...

Thats why I watch Danish and German films... I can understand a lot of German and Danish isnt far behind....