Will ROTK be the best film ever?

Tools    

Will it be the best movie ever?
28.57%
6 votes
YES!
52.38%
11 votes
Not the best movie ever, but the best of the Trilogy.
0%
0 votes
I'll be merely awesome
4.76%
1 votes
It won't be all that good
14.29%
3 votes
I'm narrow and don't like the films because of the genre/the books are better so I don't like them.
0%
0 votes
What does ROTK stand for?
21 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I Think I'd put it to a poll for fun.

The Lord of the Rings is by far a great tale. FOTR and TTT were both awesome films and ROTK will be absolute marvelous addition.
As for ROTK being the best film of all time????????? No, I disagree.
I mean it all depends how you want to put it. I mean there are other films that are considered great, for example.....The Godfather, Gone With the Wind, It's a Wonderful Life, E.T. The Extraterrestrial and etc.
It depends on what the "best of all time" is to each person. ROTK might be an outstanding film but the BEST OF ALL TIME ? I doubt .

The King of Horror
ROTK be coming the best filim ever? I doubt it because the last two LOTR moives where good they didn't even fall under that catogory I personal think that no movie has the right to have the title "Best of all time"

Pretty friggin good regardless.

A fun question though

it seems more interesting than TTT. but i dont think it'll be be the best of the trilogy.

All PJ's films rock! ROTK will definately be fantastic but not the best film of all time... too many films in existance to call one the best!

The scene in the volcano will be one of the greatest moments of cinema ever --- assuming PJ doesn't muck it up.

The person I'm looking forward to seeing most is Sean Astin -- his role really should come to the forefront in ROTK and the role definitely has award winning potential. I really hope people can look beyond the more popular members of the cast (Viggo, Orlando, Eligah, and Ian) and give Sean Astin's performance the recognition it deserves (a nomination for best supporting actor.)

Assuming of course PJ stays true to the sentiments of the book, and Sean Astin acts well. I don't think PJ was very fair to Sam in TTT.

Nice avatar Sutter.

I'm narrow and don't like the films because of the genre/the books are better so I don't like them !

Harsh....

I think ROTK will rock… and while I can’t label it the best movie of all time, it certainly has potential to be the best in the fantasy genre thus far…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I think ROTK will rock… and while I can’t label it the best movie of all time, it certainly has potential to be the best in the fantasy genre thus far…
Definately true. I really hope so, because fantasy is one of my favorite genres (despite the few entries).

Judging by what I saw in the measly minute and a half preview I would say that the Return of the King will not only be the best of the trilogy, but probably the best movie of the year and years to come.

Put me in your pocket...
Like most of you....I think ROTK will be the best of the three, but not the best movie of all time. As the last film I'm sure PJ will want this to be a memorable and respected close to the triology.

MovieForums Extra
I am so looking forward to this movie. I think it will be the best of the trilogy, since I believe the third book is the most exciting one of the three. I am in complete agreement with aspen......Sean Astin's character Sam has a huge role to play in this segment. I also want to see how PJ is going to resolve the Arwen/Eowyn/Aragorn triangle. But I know for sure I will be crying like a baby at the end.