The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

Nebbit will have to hold my virtual hand come this November. Man, I can't imagine what it's like to be 61 and looking back at 28. That really must seem young. I feel like I've lived my whole life already -- life is looooong.
Fug, I turned 68 a month ago and seldom ever think back to when I was 28. By then I had an 8-year-old daughter who I didn't see often enough because she was living hundreds of miles away with my ex-wife, and my oldest son by my second wife was about a year old, and I was probably just starting to go fulltime to college, working in my spare time as a teaching assistant. Except for the kids and the fact my second wife hadn't yet developed into a nut case, life wasn't all that exciting then, living in student apartments on my wife's full-time salary, my part-time salary and the GI bill, plus student loans and an occasional scholarship. My biggest accomplishment at the time was making the Dean's list by maintaing an above 3-point average in my grades. My 20s-30s weren't all that exciting--I've had a lot better times since then, including in my 60s. Funny thing is I don't feel a bit different from when I was 17, although I've learned a hell of a lot over the years. Boy, if I could go back to then knowing what I know now, my first-ex-wife-to-be would catch hell and some of the other girls in our school would be writing about me in their diaries.

Chit, "growing old" is nothing! It's when you stop aging that's bad, because then you're dead.

You ready? You look ready.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Tried to add a dash of coolness to those ridiculous outfits by wearing RayBans? Not even Sergio Da Sex Martinez could look good in those outfits and he's the sexiest man alive.

Just look at that mug. Exquisite cheekbones. Can you believe this guy makes a living as a professional boxer? Crazy. *I am straight*

Seriously Matt, congrats on your graduating. Are you going to study some more or do you feel like it's time to start earning a living?

Fug, I turned 68 a month ago and seldom ever think back to when I was 28. By then I had an 8-year-old daughter who I didn't see often enough because she was living hundreds of miles away with my ex-wife, and my oldest son by my second wife was about a year old, and I was probably just starting to go fulltime to college, working in my spare time as a teaching assistant. Except for the kids and the fact my second wife hadn't yet developed into a nut case, life wasn't all that exciting then, living in student apartments on my wife's full-time salary, my part-time salary and the GI bill, plus student loans and an occasional scholarship. My biggest accomplishment at the time was making the Dean's list by maintaing an above 3-point average in my grades. My 20s-30s weren't all that exciting--I've had a lot better times since then, including in my 60s. Funny thing is I don't feel a bit different from when I was 17, although I've learned a hell of a lot over the years. Boy, if I could go back to then knowing what I know now, my first-ex-wife-to-be would catch hell and some of the other girls in our school would be writing about me in their diaries.

Chit, "growing old" is nothing! It's when you stop aging that's bad, because then you're dead.
You're fabulous.

By the way, Congratulations to Matt (John McClane) on his graduation.

You ready? You look ready.
I've been working out for the last 3 months, and I'm keeping track of my progress. I've got a few specific goals in mind but the main one is a never ending one: to be healthy.

Thanks Ash!

I have been canoeing a lot on the Puget Sound a some various freshwater lakes. The outrigger in one photo is so I can fish out of it and not flip. I can't remember if I shared any of these, so my bad if it is a double post of one or two of the photos.

My favorite past time:

Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

I've been working out for the last 3 months, and I'm keeping track of my progress. I've got a few specific goals in mind but the main one is a never ending one: to be healthy.

Good stuff, Matt.

You definitely look more cut around your waist. I see little or no change on your upper body though. If I might ask, what's your eating regime? What are your specific goals?

I could help out if you've got any questions regarding what to eat / what not to eat or regarding how you'd like to look eventually (big, lean, extremely cut...)