Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
You can be that oblivious to sarcasm, though.

In any case, I'm sorry that Star Wars having more than one woman and one person of colour in it this time doesn't bother me. I guess it's because I know there are better things to care about.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
I guess it's because I know there are better things to care about.

Not gonna respond to the rest of that stupid ****. But Oh there definitely are.

No, cause George Lucas nor Sam Jackson ever made a big deal that there was a black man in Star Wars. Or even uttered those words.
So as long as you dont talk about the fact that theres a black person in Star Wars you can put a black person in Star Wars but once you talk about it it makes it "PC" and terrible? Is that the equivalent of "you can be gay just stop acting like it so much!"?

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Sitting here right now. Gonna see what all the fuss is about.

Do you have a reminder set to check that every so often, or are the film's online scores consequential enough that it's just become part of the morning routine, like coffee?

Do you have a reminder set to check that every so often, or are the film's online scores consequential enough that it's just become part of the morning routine, like coffee?
rating drop like this always means something, that the film is not as good as the previous one, or at least as the first 3 films

We've discussed this at length earlier in the thread, but people have actually come forward to claim credit for lowering the scores, either with fake votes or just through systematic campaigns to try to do so, so the numbers are increasingly suspect. Anyway, they're clearly being used to suggest a lot more than "not as good as the first films," which most people would agree with whether they liked this one or not.

The relevant point, however, is that it's hard to conceive of someone with rational, level-headed objections to the film, and who feels reasonably secure in those opinions, who simultaneously cares deeply about whether aggregate Internet scores reflect that.

We've discussed this at length earlier in the thread, but people have actually come forward to claim credit for lowering the scores, either with fake votes or just through systematic campaigns to try to do so, so the numbers are increasingly suspect. Anyway, they're clearly being used to suggest a lot more than "not as good as the first films," which most people would agree with whether they liked this one or not.

The relevant point, however, is that it's hard to conceive of someone with rational, level-headed objections to the film, and who feels reasonably secure in those opinions, who simultaneously cares deeply about whether aggregate Internet scores reflect that.
i guess not just me and some other people on this forums have their share of criticism to the film, i have previously mentioned the things wrong, and that i would never feel the eagerness to watch this movie a second time, because it s just has no rewatchability, and that has to do with the things wrong in the film, and how many people are disappointed with the film.

I think saying it has no rewatchability is a very strange claim, but I'm really not trying to convince you to like it or anything, and I think there are many totally valid criticisms of it. I'm only commenting on the weird fixation people seem to have with these aggregate scores.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yeah, I have to agree with Mr. Yoda.

I did not like the film much, but I find what appears to be obsessing over an internet score (and other more personal arguments of anything really) kinda diminishes what could be otherwise a reasonable argument. Unfortunately, that obsession alone will become a target to dismiss anything else said in criticism. And that just makes it harder to make honest criticism against the movie, because those criticisms get grouped with the extreme views, watering down anything valid at all.

Then again, I'm at work and kinda bored atm so it could just be that.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You can't win an argument just by being right!
We watched it tonight and really enjoyed it. First star wars I've liked since Return of the jedi. Even the stuffed fluffy toys didnt annoy me.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I can understand the disappointment in this film but not the degree of utter loathing, although most of that was bunker's insane carryon and he was .trolling I think. He's a sock anyway, as some sleuths figured out.

I just thought it was fun and looked amazing. It was very disney, though. Big deal, I like Disney movies when I'm in the mood for them. I dont think Luke would have gone that way in character but hell, I'm not one of the writers. I liked watching the character.

I think Daisy John and Andy were the best actors and I dont think Mark has had an acting lesson since the last time he was in it.

This might just do nobody any good.
I mean, all Jedi turn into reclusive burnouts, if they survive long enough. Luke as Prospero was inevitable.