The best car scenes ever... add yours.

Tools    

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
#1, obviously goes to Steve McQueen in his 67 Mustang battling the 68 Charger R/T

#2, The sweet ass car chase with Robert DeNiro in the 1998 movie, Ronin... mostly European cars, but still SWEET as hell:

#3, for me, and you guys will probably call me gay for this, but it was pretty sweet back in the day, was the scene with the Old school 67 Charger and the Toyota Supra at the end of the first Fast and the Furious.

#4, Gone in 60 seconds with Nicholas Cage's 67 Shebly GT500 Fastback....

#5 Not really a CHASE scene really, but you have to include the famous 1958 Plymouth Fury Belvedere "Moochie's Death" scene from the Stephen King movie Christine....

#6 And who can forget ANY of the Smokey and the Bandit chase scenes and the 1977 Firebird Trans Am...

How about you guys.... any favorite scenes?

Certifiably troglodytic.
Probably my fave would be in Terminator 3 where the T-X-- (played to luscious perfection by Kristanna Loken)-- is chasing Connor and the original Terminator in a crane truck...

This is a shoddy vid....which is to say it's someone filming the scene as it's playing on a TV set to music by Fear Factory.....but you can get the drift....

Welcome to the human race...
For me, there can be only one...

The entire final chase sequence in The Blues Brothers. It has to be seen to be believed.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Somebody left out To Live and Die in L.A., driving backward on the L.A. freeway and The French Connection, for godssake!

Yeah, those two from Billy Friedkin are certainly my numbers one and two (To Live & Die in L.A. being top of the tops). I like Bullitt just fine and all, but while it's still a blast watching those cars jump over the hilly San Francisco streets, it always felt very removed to me. It's a set-piece and obviously great stunt driving, but I don't get any visceral or emotional pull into it, rather it's just watching cars go fast in a movie. In both To Live and Die in L.A. and The French Connection the driving is great, sure, but they are also so very important to the narratives, in many ways the two crucial scene to both flicks, and you can feel the desperation of those two characters as they hurl along at top speeds and you're very much made to feel like you are in the cars with them. That's what makes them stand so tall above the rest for me, not just the creativity of the stunts and the driving but how integral they are to the films in whole and how hyper-realistic they seem, even though both are surely stylized and masterpieces of editing.

I think I'll throw To Live and Die in L.A. right now, actually.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

are forgetting matrix reloaded with the bike weaving in and out and the sheer awesomeness... yes!!!!!

bokscutta
how about the final chase scene from the Bourne Ultimatum. thats right i'm new school.

Movie Forums Critic
For me the great car chase I ever watch is the film:
Bad Boys II
Martix: Reloaded

@mark f/Holden - those posts immediately made me go out and rent To Live and Die in L.A. and watch the car chase. It was pretty good, although I wouldn't rate it as my favourite (not right now I wouldn't).

My Favorite Movie Gone in 60 Second!!..

i would have to say the scene in idle hands where the 2 teens are gettin' steamy wearin that sheek KISS make up and seth green's hand starts feelin her up, and then chokes her shkanky ass

For me it's The Transporter 1 of Jason Statham.. he really rocks

So then, what's your favorites (right now )
For me, there can be only one...

The entire final chase sequence in The Blues Brothers. It has to be seen to be believed.
That'd be my #1. Honourable mentions go to the chases in Terminator and Terminator 2.

Too Fast Too FUrious..that was great..lots of cool cars..

James Bond movies have great car scenes...
007 really knows how to turn it on...

I like the car race scene in Grease.

talladega nights has a few funny edited shits