7thson's Cooking Thread

Tools    

Hey all, Just wanted to share some of the stuff I cook for the family and maybe get some ideas from other MOFOs who like to spend time in the kitchen or on the BBQ. I really enjoy cooking and wish I had made it a career, but hey I can do it as a hobby. This is just a simple what I cooked for dinner, breakfast, etc...blog or whatever. Pictures used are of actual meals I have cooke, no comments on my dirty kitchen though.

Last night I made some individual bacon wrapped meatloaf dishes with some sauteed mushrooms and steamed veggies and homade mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy & some toasted garlic bread. This is really a simple meal to make, but most in the family love it.

You're a Genius all the time
That looks delicious. My mom used to wrap her meatloaf in bacon, but I didn't know other people did that.

Congestive heart failure for everyone! Huzza!

Thanks, yeah if you ate that everyday it might be rough on your body. The bacon is really for flavor and keeps the beef moist, it really is not meant to eat, but I do anyway .

Tonight I made some lasagna with six kinds of cheese and I used the extra noodles to wrap up some spinach and ricotta cheese with fresh ground pepper and a topping of colby jack. Also some toasted mozzarella covered cuban bread to finish it off. The lighting is funny in the pic because it looks yellow, but no yellow cheese used at all, oh well.

Tommorow I think we may be having tuna caserole so no pics of that . BTW I have 5 teenagers and a mum and a fiance', thats why so much food all the time. My food bill is more than my mortgage for goodness sake.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I don't have any photos, but I'm also the chief cook of the house. Brenda is a good cook and makes all the holiday meals and others when the Muse strikes her, but I'm the day-to-day guy. My main specialties are: (1) a homemade chili with four different beans, 4% hamburger (may be omitted for vegies), diced tomatoes, bell peppers, and plenty of spices (Brenda doesn't like onions too much); (2) slow-roasted beef and pork spare ribs (on the spicy side again), but this is off-limits now as we are trying to lose weight; (3) slow-roasted whole chicken, mashed potatoes cooked in low-fat chicken broth, and homemade low-fat gravy utilizing the same broth; (4) spicy vegie soup using spicy V-8 Juice, broth, whatever vegies are available (usually zucchini, carrots, celery, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, etc.)

Brenda makes fancier food when she cooks, but I try to keep things simple so I don't have to work too much before or after the cooking. I also do most of the cleanup. Brenda deserves it because her job is tougher and more time-consuming than mine.

Colour out of Time
Great threat topic ... just been to bbq ... and bit pissed (Aussie for dunk) ... all I can share atm is when frying onions add a bit of pepper, dill, woustershire sause and beer ... yummy

Dang man its like Top Chef lol!! looks good man, and you know they say good people eat good food!!
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

This is me and my barbecue buddy Peetie, doing our thing.

Oh, Slug, petey is just cute!

Wow. This is great stuff. Im now hungry. You have to share the recipes too! Do you guys cook every DAY? Jesus. cant do it.

I am pretty much the all around cook here. Not that I mind, I love it. sometimes it would be nice to get a breakfast made for me even it was burnt and nasty, it is the thought that counts, but no luck yet. Went to see Iron man tonight and when the Misses & I got back there was no tuna casserole left. I whipped together a cuban sandwhich for us so all is good. Slug - cool outfit, boxers, Civil war cap, flannel shirt, very nice.

My arteries are screaming....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Yeah, cheese omelet, grits, polish sausage, and toast with strawberry jam. I did use lowfat butter on the grits though .

My Mom and aunts told me back in the day (when they lived on military bases)... they ran into a lot of people who didn't know what grits were... wonder if they are still a "southern thing"...

Yeah, Penny does not like them one bit, she is from Wisconsin and I have to admit her dish of raw ground beef and sourkraut on crackers is a bit too much for me, so it evens out.

Yeah, Penny does not like them one bit, she is from Wisconsin and I have to admit her dish of raw ground beef and sourkraut on crackers is a bit too much for me, so it evens out.

Raw ground beef and sourkraut on crackers sounds like something in need of being shot....

Tonight Penny asked me where the cheese was. I told her no cheese on Fajitas you cheesehead Greenbay Packer lover . Well it can go either way with or without, but I think we have had cheese on everything the last few days, so I thought cheeselessness was better. She still ate like 3 of them, so they could not have been too bad. I should have made some spanish rice to go with it though.