80th Annual Academy Awards Nominees (2008)

Tools    

Ah... thanks for clearing that up Holden. I was trying to get ready for work at the same time the Oscars were on (and missed Daniel's win all together)... but I think I know which clip you mean... the way it was told on the news, I thought there was another clip aimed at the previous hosts.... should have known better than to listen to the news...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

was i the only one surprised/upset that Transformers lost the best visual effects to The Golden Compass? I mean I liked the polar bears and all the daemons(sp?) were really well done but cmon making Transformers into live action was impressive IMHO

jon stewart had his ups and downs..a few things were funny, some were not...i actually found nothing wrong with his delivery..billy crystal he isn't, but i didn't find him all that bad..

was i the only one surprised/upset that Transformers lost the best visual effects to The Golden Compass? I mean I liked the polar bears and all the daemons(sp?) were really well done but cmon making Transformers into live action was impressive IMHO
No you're not. The polar bears were so obviously CGI and you could tell they were fake. That scene on the highway deserved that award.

Originally Posted by chet seven
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
No you're not. The polar bears were so obviously CGI and you could tell they were fake. That scene on the highway deserved that award.

seriously
It's mind-blowing!
It's incredible!
I can't understand how polar bears win over massive robots blowing each other to the shiezenhausen.

I have to say that there were a "few" great scenes in Transformers, but most of the movie seemed so "close-up" to me. Do not get me wrong I loved the film, but the close-ups got a bit tiring after awhile. I can see why TGC won over Transformers. Please do not hate me now.

I have to say that there were a "few" great scenes in Transformers, but most of the movie seemed so "close-up" to me. Do not get me wrong I loved the film, but the close-ups got a bit tiring after awhile. I can see why TGC won over Transformers. Please do not hate me now.
i guess since you said please...