M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water

Tools    

Just got this little smidgel of info...
thought I would pass it along.

Warner Brothers just bought M Nights script for Lady in the Water. A flick where a building super finds a sea nymph living in his apaprtment complexes pool. Listed as a fantasy/thriller Blinding Edge Pictures’ M. Night Shyamalan and Sam Mercer will produce. Shyamalan will also direct. Release is set for late July 2006.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by FiLm Fr3aK
Just got this little smidgel of info...
thought I would pass it along.

Warner Brothers just bought M Nights script for Lady in the Water. A flick where a building super finds a sea nymph living in his apaprtment complexes pool. Listed as a fantasy/thriller Blinding Edge Pictures’ M. Night Shyamalan and Sam Mercer will produce. Shyamalan will also direct. Release is set for late July 2006.

Doesn't sound like a real scary one...

Randomly visiting for now
sounds ok, I'm a Shyamalan fan but where's the mystery or the compelling story. OK it's early days yet and the info isn't there, but I'm just wondering

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Doesn't sound like a real scary one...
Why do all his films have to be scary? When ever i talk to people who havnt enjoyed some of his films, like the incredibly under-rated Unbreakable or the recent Village, the only reason they can give is that it wasn't as scary as they thought it would be or they thought the 'twist' let the film down.

Poor Nighty McShyamalan, after the success of The Sixth Sense his doomed to bring out films that rely entirely on twists and scares, whilst the storytelling is totally ignored.

I think this sounds pretty good, should be interesting. However, i thought his next project was an adaptation of the superb book The Life of Pi? Now that would be good.