Connecticut School Shootings

Tools    

Don't think there's already a thread. I guess everyone's aware of the rampage which took the lives of twenty children and six adults, plus the murderer and his mom. This is really bothering me, though I guess it shouldn't so much, considering, but it does.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,4744013.story

sigh
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

This story is horrible and so close to the holidays too. It's a real shame some nut had to destroy so many lives simply because his own life sucked...

Why can't these defunct losers in life just off themselves and leave everyone else out of it? There are way to many bat **** insane people on this planet... The human race is disgusting.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's bothering me too. Same with the Vegas shooting. We are all hearing these stories of commonplaces that we've been to (maybe not the literal place, but you catch my drift). Movie Theatres, schools, malls, and hell even a vacation destination spot such as the Excalibur at Las Vegas. Even an NFL player shooting himself in his teams stadiums parking lot in front of others. Things are going a bit too far, but how do you stop crazy people is the question.

Among those killed was the school's well-liked principal, Dawn Hochsprung. Town officials said she died while lunging at the gunman in an attempt to overtake him.

There's been a number of public shootings, not just the one at Vegas.
There were some foiled shootings where some nutters decided to copy the Batman shootings as well.

There's even been one foiled today in an Oklahoma school. An 18 year old kid decided to copy the Connecticut shooting at his own school.

Strange, strange people.

It's nice of you, Deadite, to make this thread. I just wonder how soon it'll be till it turns into a big thread about banning guns.

It's nice of you, Deadite, to make this thread. I just wonder how soon it'll be till it turns into a big thread about banning guns.
Which is a pointless argument because if people want guns badly enough, they will get them, banned or not... Guns aren't allowed in England, yet gunmen in England still get their guns illegally.

Anyway, I am not trying to get that argument going or anything, I do not care for a debate about it, I am just stating the obvious truth... Banned or not, those crazy bastards would have gotten their guns somehow, some way.

Which is a pointless argument because if people want guns badly enough, they will get them, banned or not...

LIFTOFF! We have LIFTOFF!

I wonder how long a thread can last before Sexy Celebrity mentions something slightly at a tangent to the original topic that completely changes the direction of the thread?

I wonder how long a thread can last before Sexy Celebrity mentions something slightly at a tangent to the original topic that completely changes the direction of the thread?
By page 44, nobody will remember this.

I was watching the morning show about 30 minutes ago and they did this graph about shootings in countries who are not 3rd world countries...who was the leader? U.S.A then Switzerland, Canada.......England was one the last, Australia 3 rd last.

The Gun lobby have too much control and nothing will be done at all. Everytime they are going to do something, but nothing ever happens.

LIFTOFF! We have LIFTOFF!

Houston, we do NOT have a problem!

Anyway, my condolences go out to the families of the victims. It will be a very somber holiday season for them, and that's not fair.

Look, I don't really want to get into the gun control argument, either, but I knew it was bound to be brought up. Hopefully we can have a thread for expressing sadness and disgust and anger at the tragedy that isn't overshadowed by that, but I know how it goes so...

For the record, could someone plainly and simply explain to me how stricter gun laws would stop a determined criminal who intends to murder a bunch of people? It seems to me that anything short of outright banning wouldn't make much difference, if the person is serious.

I won't argue your answer so don't expect a debate, but I'll read any reasonable response to my question. Other than that, I'm sticking to expressing my weariness and upset without pushing any agenda.

In England and Australia it has worked. Australia was pretty bad years ago then John Howard (former PM) did a buy back scheme and if you're are carrying a firearm you go to jail for a long time, even though you never did anything. Change the constitution, that may help?

Look, I don't really want to get into the gun control argument, either, but I knew it was bound to be brought up. Hopefully we can have a thread for expressing sadness and disgust and anger at the tragedy that isn't overshadowed by that, but I know how it goes so...

For the record, could someone plainly and simply explain to me how stricter gun laws would stop a determined criminal who intends to murder a bunch of people? It seems to me that anything short of outright banning wouldn't make much difference, if the person is serious.

I won't argue your answer so don't expect a debate, but I'll read any reasonable response to my question. Other than that, I'm sticking to expressing my weariness and upset without pushing any agenda.
You are a smart individual though, you understand that it WOULDN'T make a difference... If someone wants a gun they will get it, regardless of the legality of it.

I personally believe guns should be banned because I personally don't see the need for a normal everyday citizen to have a gun period, other than for hunting, but that is not necessary in today's modern world. I am willing to give it up, or perhaps create a sort of "Rent a gun temporarily for hunting season on hunting grounds only" type deal...

Only law enforcement and military should possess firearms, no one else should be allowed to.

However, having said that, I am not delusional enough to believe that banning them would solve all these issues, as people get guns illegally all the time, even these days. That wouldn't change with guns being banned in general.

In England and Australia it has worked. Australia was pretty bad years ago then John Howard (former PM) did a buy back scheme and if you're are carrying a firearm you go to jail for a long time, even though you never did anything. Change the constitution, that may help?
Gunmen still act in those countries, how often compared to others is irrelevant, those countries simply do not have as many criminal degenerates than America has, and America covers more land than those countries as well, so not fair to compare them really...

You are a smart individual though, you understand that it WOULDN'T make a difference... If someone wants a gun they will get it, regardless of the legality of it.

I personally believe guns should be banned because I personally don't see the need for a normal everyday citizen to have a gun period, other than for hunting, but that is not necessary in today's modern world. I am willing to give it up, or perhaps create a sort of "Rent a gun temporarily for hunting season on hunting grounds only" type deal...

Only law enforcement and military should possess firearms, no one else should be allowed to.

However, having said that, I am not delusional enough to believe that banning them would solve all these issues, as people get guns illegally all the time, even these days. That wouldn't change with guns being banned in general.

Gunmen still act in those countries, how often compared to others is irrelevant, those countries simply do not have as many criminal degenerates than America has, and America covers more land than those countries as well, so not fair to compare them really...
As I wrote previously, why has it worked in Australia? If people want to do bad things, well, that happens, but if it's readily available to get a gun...well, you don't have to be Einstein to get the meaning!!!

Really, I thought I had brain damage.

As I wrote previously, why has it worked in Australia? If people want to do bad things, well, that happens, but if it's readily available to get a gun...well, you don't have to be Einstein to get the meaning!!!

It also doesn't take an Einstein to realize that Australia covers much less land space than America, thus if your country were as big as mine, the rate may be closer to America's... Perhaps not... We'll never know unless you aussies grow more land... lol. The thing is.... Most people who legally attain guns, don't use them to do **** like this.... Those that do, would get the guns either way, that counts for Australia as well, or anywhere else in the world. Simple fact of life... Gun control will not slow that down...

It also doesn't take an Einstein to realize that Australia covers much less land space than America, thus if your country were as big as mine, the rate may be closer to America's... Perhaps not... We'll never know unless you aussies grow more land... lol. The thing is.... Most people who legally attain guns, don't use them to do **** like this.... Those that do, would get the guns either way, that counts for Australia as well, or anywhere else in the world. Simple fact of life... Gun control will not slow that down...
Mexico is a good example of gun control gone wrong.

By the way, this is like the 12th massacre this year or something. 22 kids were stabbed in China the other day too. There was also a mall shooting earlier this week.

Well, Australia has a lot of land, not as much as America but pretty damn close.

"Gun control will not slow that down" At least it's a start. There is an old saying - one person can start a new beginning.