Is 'Electro' a Villian in Spidey 3????

Tools    

Actor Thomas Haden Church reveals several clues about the villain he will be playing in Spider-Man 3 in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Here's an excerpt:

EW: After reminding the world he could really act in Sideways, the Oscar nominee will play an undisclosed, top secret villain in 2007's Spider-Man 3. How about a hint??

THC: "He's a horse of many colors."

EW: There are horses in Spider-Man?

THC: "Let's just say he's an amorphous collection of protons, electrons, and neutrons, of different colors."

So, what do you think?? It sounds like Electro to me.

Now what about Topher Grace....is he Venom? Sandman? We'll find out. Only time will tell.

Movie Forums Member
Hi all,

This is fantastic news....Pun not intended....Electro would be an awesome badie for spidey to fight.....Though as far as Topher being venom, NO WAY!! Hes way to skinny for the role....NO flame intetion....Sandman too I think is a larger character....What about Mysterio for Topher??????????? If hes a villian at all.....Like you said, only time will tell.......

I'm not sure if that's exactly a direct hint at Electro, though it possibly could be. I think that Thomas Haden Church would make a good Eddie Brock, which of course leads to him being a good Venom. As for Topher Grace, i have no clue whatsoever who he could be playing. Mysterio is definitely a possibility.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
IMO most of us would want to see Venom as the main villan, but if rumours are to be believed, there will be 6 Spiderman films in total. Hob-Goblin and Dr.Lizard should also make some appearances as villans in the franchise, but I trust Sam Raimi and his vision and direction of the franchise. My Spidey-senses are tingling!!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Movie Forums Member
HI all,

Where did you hear the news on 6 films, cuz as far as I know that not only is a rumor but also that Sam Raimi isn't signed for 6....I know that hez signed for 3 though....

It would be cool to see venom as a badie, totally cool actually...But I think its too early in the franchise for him..Though I feel your vibe on electro, I mean thats kinda an obvious clue....That could be a misleading clue......

Originally Posted by BBC
Spider-Man Snares Baddies
The folks at Development-Hell.com reckon they've unmasked the villains of Spider-Man 3. If they're right, Sideways star Thomas Haden Church will not be playing Sandman or Venom as previously rumoured. An insider told the site, "A source close to the production of Spider-Man 3 confirmed for me that the main villain played by Mr Thomas Hayden Church will in fact be The Chameleon."

The Chameleon is otherwise known as Dmitri Smerdyakov who goes by the alias Dr Turner at Peter Parker's college. As the nickname suggests, he has the ability to alter his appearance. Supposedly James Franco will make a late appearance as the second Green Goblin but there's no word yet on who Topher Grace will play.

The Long question of who will be playing what villian has finally been answered.

Topher Grace will be playing Chameleon and Thomas Hayden Church will also be playing Chameleon.

sounds werid?
read the article

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

[quote=Hell_Bent]The Long question of who will be playing what villian has finally been answered.

Topher Grace will be playing Chameleon and Thomas Hayden Church will also be playing Chameleon.

sounds werid?
[quote]
Actually, it doesn't make any sense....just click here and pan down for some news.

it wouldnt have made sense to me either. but the man said it himself.
theres some plot twist at the end that reveals that they're the same person.

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
it wouldnt have made sense to me either. but the man said it himself.
theres some plot twist at the end that reveals that they're the same person.
When I read CBR, It got sort of bugged me. I mean, I am looking forward to a Spidey vs. 2 villian flick...not what it states. (I'm not writing here, for others have to go to CBR and check it out).

I guess Raimi knows what he's doing....but overall I am awaiting for an official announcemant from him (not that paragraph) on the details, like I'm sure everyone else.

Originally Posted by jrs
Whered ya read this?
in the link i provided, goto the subsection at the bottom called Church and Grace u have to highlight the bottom part because its a spoiler.

There's treachery afoot!!!
On September 28, WIZARD magazine will have an issue based primarily on Spiderman 3. and Im guessing that they are going to reveal who the villains are slated to be. If you pick up the Wizard that is out now and look at the inside of the back cover you will see more details on the upcoming issue. It looks like Sandman and Venom.

Originally Posted by Wonder Boy
It looks like Sandman and Venom.
Hell Yeah! my hopes better not be shattered.....

Originally Posted by jrs
Hey it's a fact.... It has been officially stated by Sony!!!
WOOHOO! Can't wait to see the teaser shots of Venom...even though that might not happen for some time, i can rest easy knowing he'll be one of the villians. Never really knew much about Sandman though, I think putting the Hobgoblin in spidey 3 as well will be cramming a bit too much into one movie, i mean, 3 villians in one movie, against one hero, doesn't seem fair

Ah, well, thanks for the info JRS

(didn't realise i rambled on for a little bit)