DC Comic's The Suicide Squad

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
All of these guys are "bad guys", but in this movie they will be anti-heroes. Until more info, I hope it's Batman.

I am having a hard time figuring it out so far. In the opening scene, it appears that Quinn is still "Harleen Quinzel". The only reason I say this, is because her hair is not colored yet. That said, the group shot of them walking shows her colored pigtails. This would lead me to believe she has been exposed to the Joker.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Nothing really grabbing me about the trailer so far, though I think this is still shooting isn't it so they may not have a massive amount of footage to choose from. I do have a bit of interest in it though. I don't think it will be a 'good' film but I think there's a chance it could be fun in a trashy, lurid, 80s kind of way.

Two things I don't like about the trailer though; turns out that really is what Joker looks like! So much for all the people saying he wouldn't look like that in the actual film. Hopefully Leto's performance can compensate but still hate the look. And the other thing is that Will Smith seems a bit too....Will Smith-y

People need to get over the "look" of the Joker. Seriously, fan-boys are the worst. If someone tinkers with something, all hell breaks loose.

Nothing really grabbing me about the trailer so far... turns out that really is what Joker looks like! So much for all the people saying he wouldn't look like that in the actual film.

People need to get over the "look" of the Joker. Seriously, fan-boys are the worst. If someone tinkers with something, all hell breaks loose.

It can bee good if it develops artsy feel and delves into moral themes. It seems like it's aiming to be "Watchmen" meets "Mad Max: Fury Road'.

I was not terribly excited for WB's and DC's venture into a shared universe. I don't think it will work unless DC were to break off into it's own company like Marvel did. Not enough cohesion with cooperate heads making creative decisions instead of a comic guy like Feige. And I didn't much care for Man of Steel (might be my prejudice against Superman, I don't find him as an appealing character).

However I have become a bit more optimistic after the new Batman V Superman and this trailer. Dealing with Superman V Batman I like that they made Metropolis and Gotham twin cities, sort of like Oakland and San Fran. I find that dynamic interesting. I also find it interesting that Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent, their alter egos, propose a threat to the others super hero alter ego. Clark can try to expose Bruce through his jouralism and Bruce can slow Superman through his power and money. If they focus on that dynamic could make for compelling stuff. Also Wonder Woman will probably be the voice of reason between the two which seems cool.

But I am much more excited for Suicide Squad. This is were I think WB/DC can separate themselves from Marvel if they do this right. I am by no means a comic book anafficinato but from my causal perspective it seems like were DC has their advantage is in the strength and depth of their villains. This has been the knock on Marvel, their villains have not been up to par with their heroes, aside from Loki. Again from my causal perspective it seems Marvel does have better superheros with more depth, but DC especially Batman's villain gallery is far superior. So I think it is extremely wise of WB/DC to highlight their villains in a movie. Hell I think they should go a step further, give the Joker his own movie. Give a hero his own movie and then a villain his own. That would really separate them from Marvel. I generally find villains more interesting anyways.

Should be interesting to see if DC/WB can catch up to Marvel. Marvel has put so much pressure on WB/DC, they need to be about perfect from this point on with their shared universe.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I haven't watched any movies from this new DC Universe (Man of Steel is the only one so far am I correct?) yet but Harley Quinn is already my favorite character......from just the trailer....and it has nothing to do with the fact that Margot Robbie is hot as hell.....
WARNING: "Well" spoilers below
JK......that is the reason...

Welcome to the human race...
When Will Smith said "It's like we're some kind of suicide squad", this was all I could think of...

It appears that Enchantress has a role different from the rest. She has not appeared in any of the team shots (except the original roster pic), so I am intrigued by her role.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I remember watching Margot Robbie in The Wolf of Wall Street thinking she'd be a great Harley Quinn when she did that "daddy" speech, so I'm really hyped about this because Harley's never been portrayed in live action before (except for that Arrow cameo)

Spoilers maybe for Arkham Knight, Under the Red Hood, and Suicide Squad....and maybe close your eyes too.

WARNING: spoilers below
I am not steeped in the lore of Jason Todd. The only thing I know of pertain to the UtRH film. Other than that, he is sporting a mark/ tattoo in the Arkham Knight game. It is very similar to the mark on Joker's face in SS.

Maybe Todd turns into the Joker, or better yet replaces the Joker. Joker could have met his demise and Todd decided to adopt the persona.

True or not, I don't care. If so, I applaud a different take on the material. Changes like this are what will keep the genre from becoming stale.

comparison image link

http://i.imgur.com/oUUF0UV.png

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
That would be... Too dramatic, I think I would rather have Bruce Wayne finding out he is his own father and that he shot himself in front of himself, than that theory becoming a reality. Also, why do we need to use spoilers for Under the Red Hood, both comic and animated movie are out for a long time now.

I think I would rather have Bruce Wayne finding out he is his own father and that he shot himself in front of himself, than that theory becoming a reality. Also, why do we need to use spoilers for Under the Red Hood, both comic and animated movie are out for a long time now.

That would be waaaaaaaaaaaaay too dramatic. And I believe he was referring to the Red Hood DLC in Arkham Knight. Not specifically the film Under the Red Hood.

I'm making it my schtick, I just say spoilers for everything. I am a very casual fan, so I wouldn't want anything spoiled for me.

I don't see it hurting anything to go that far outside the box. How many times have you seen essentially the same Joker story?

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.

I don't see it hurting anything to go that far outside the box. How many times have you seen essentially the same Joker story?
I love outside box thinking, but this is way too much. Its very unlikely but I also dislike the idea in general, we should never know who Joker is. No I never saw same Joker story, nor did I read it.

From what I'm familiar with, Joker is always some random hood who falls into a vat of chemicals. What's hard for me to believe, is that he then elevates to Batman's greatest advesary. No training, no superpower, just cray.

The other guy was already trained at a higher level, knows all the secrets,and could expose the World's Greatest Detective. Throw in some chemicals and make him gonzo-bonkers and I find that even more believable.

I love outside box thinking, but this is way too much. Its very unlikely but I also dislike the idea in general, we should never know who Joker is. No I never saw same Joker story, nor did I read it.
Remember when everybody say that Heath Ledger would be an awful Joker and it turn out to be one of the best performance of all-time... I remember

Apparently I am the outlier here. Talking to other people, no one received the idea very well.

It boiled down to, "It would be too much splainin' to do." My reply was, "Don't complain about the sameness in the stories then."