Curb Your Enthusiasm

Tools    

Are you perhaps watching this from outside of the United States, Gideon and may not have access to the one airing now? That would explain why you may not be seeing the 12th season as the last one.

Are you perhaps watching this from outside of the United States, Gideon and may not have access to the one airing now? That would explain why you may not be seeing the 12th season as the last one.
Nope, he’s American. It appears he thought season 11 was the final season.

Confirmed that I do have access to season 12 after I finished the final two episodes of season 11. I nearly fell off my chair laughing at the opening of ep 9 when Larry referenced the fake movie from Seinfeld, Rochelle, Rochelle. Bill Hader was nothing short of brilliant in his triple role as an antique dealer, a concierge, and restaurant owner who denied being related to each other and gave Larry the runaround regarding a vase and some really bad goulash. It was no surprise that Larry ended up breaking two vases. Once again, I correctly predicted that when Larry put his sweater around that injured biker that he would never see it again. I think they could have come up with something stronger than the nurse's lame excuse for not letting Larry have his sweater. The season finale provided major laughs as Larry's stereotyped views regarding Mormons got him in a lot of trouble with Irma, brilliantly played by Tracey Ullman, who I still think should have gotten an Emmy nomination for this character. I did think it was odd that Susie didn't seem to hold any grudge against Leon for ruining her kitchen, while blaming Larry for every little thing. But it was nice to see Leon finally pay some consequences when Mary Ferguson flew to Spain with someone else. Was a little confused as to whether or not the Maria Sophia thing has been resolved, but I guess we'll find out in season 12. But this whole Maria Sophia thing has made me think that Larry should have just built that damn fence. Did enjoy during Larry's fantasy retribution when Maria Sophia's father got dragged out of his chair and Maria Sophia was fired.

Happy to hear that you are enjoying this again!! Hope the hilarity continues for you into this currently airing last season. I'm really interested to see how he ends this.

And is it just me or has Cheryl Hines had a little surgical refreshment around the eyes? Was also devastated to learn that Richard Lewis has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s so I guess we won’t see him in the final season. The last episode in which he appeared he looked out of it.

She is a he & he says quite clearly he’s discussing the final season.
My apologies. I made a guess and it turned out to be wrong!

And is it just me or has Cheryl Hines had a little surgical refreshment around the eyes? Was also devastated to learn that Richard Lewis has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s so I guess we won’t see him in the final season.
I have good news for you! Richard Lewis is in the final season.

Watched the first two episodes of season 12 last night. OK, Maria Sophia is the runaway star of Young Larry and actually won an Emmy? Seriously? I'm sorry, but her irritation factor is right up there with Leon and Susie. It looked like Larry might have the cosmos turning in his favor as he almost became an Atlanta folk hero thanks to a bottle of water, but I should have known better. The return of Auntie Rae was nothing to write home about, but Larry's pursuit of a lawn jockey was very funny. It was a bit convenient that he finally found a lawn jockey store and they only had white ones, but a pretty funny hour for the most part.

Disappointed that Tracey Ullmann is, once again, in the show. Dreadful character & not funny in the least. Ugh.

Cheryl Hines has had quite substantial face work. Did she really need this? Her figure & hair are lovely.

Amazing how Leon & Larry both look only slightly older than they did 23 years ago.

Maria Sophia character is very funny. Nice to see a woman with not the greatest figure succeed in the entertainment world. She does make up for it with a lovely face & hair.

I think Maria Sofia is cringe worthy and hope we don't have to see her again in the final season! I thought Tracy Ullman was funnier last season than she's been this season.

We have to agree to disagree regarding Tracy Ullman and Maria Sophia.
That’s ok.

I think Maria Sofia is cringe worthy and hope we don't have to see her again in the final season! I thought Tracy Ullman was funnier last season than she's been this season.
Nope, MS is in season 12. Too comedic to let her go.

Yes, I know. She's already been in Season 12, but I was hoping that we were done and she wouldn't be in the rest of the season. But, perhaps, for you, you'd like to see more, so at least one of us will be happy with whatever ends up happening

Yes, I know. She's already been in Season 12, but I was hoping that we were done and she wouldn't be in the rest of the season. But, perhaps, for you, you'd like to see more, so at least one of us will be happy with whatever ends up happening
I’m fine either way. She’s very amusing as an “influencer” & she plays the rôle very well. If she doesn’t appear again I’m ok with that too.

Watched eps 3 & 4 of season 12 this morning and I have decided to go with the idea that David loves to abandon realism in favor of the laugh. The whole thing with the eggs at the restaurant. There is no way in hell a real restaurant would tolerate that. Thought the actress playing the waitress was absolutely brilliant. And once again, show business has shown their ignorance regarding addiction and AA. First of all, Irma mentioned that she had a sponsor named Ian. In real AA, men only sponsor men and women only sponsor women.
And the idea that couples counseling would help Irma with her sobriety was stupid. The golfing incident with Oscar winner Troy Katsur reminded me of an episode of Will & Grace where Grace was trying to steal a personal workout at the gym. LOVED everything that happened between Larry and Willie Giest...loved the way this guy kind came off as sort of an alternate Larry and was always one step ahead of him on everything. Loved the wink to Spartacus on the golf course, but could have done without the whole thing of Larry, Leon, and their open shorts. And please add Mr. Takahashi to the list of characters who have worn out their welcome. Richard Lewis looked terrible, it was just heartbreaking to watch him. And are the wardrobe people who dress Leon and Susie on crack?

Watched eps 3 & 4 of season 12 this morning and I have decided to go with the idea that David loves to abandon realism in favor of the laugh. The whole thing with the eggs at the restaurant. There is no way in hell a real restaurant would tolerate that. Thought the actress playing the waitress was absolutely brilliant. And once again, show business has shown their ignorance regarding addiction and AA. First of all, Irma mentioned that she had a sponsor named Ian. In real AA, men only sponsor men and women only sponsor women.
And the idea that couples counseling would help Irma with her sobriety was stupid. The golfing incident with Oscar winner Troy Katsur reminded me of an episode of Will & Grace where Grace was trying to steal a personal workout at the gym. LOVED everything that happened between Larry and Willie Giest...loved the way this guy kind came off as sort of an alternate Larry and was always one step ahead of him on everything. Loved the wink to Spartacus on the golf course, but could have done without the whole thing of Larry, Leon, and their open shorts. And please add Mr. Takahashi to the list of characters who have worn out their welcome. Richard Lewis looked terrible, it was just heartbreaking to watch him. And are the wardrobe people who dress Leon and Susie on crack?
I posted elsewhere that Susie quickly became a caricature in the show. Her outfits, head pieces, shoes, jewelry, etc. are absurd. Nobody dresses like that. Don’t get me started with her “hairdos”.

What happened to the plot point of Susie being pregnant again? Completely disappeared.

And Larry’s coffee bar going up in flames & being told it looks like arson. That plot point went up in flames too.

Quite a few instances like this.

I believe they did sort of a "yada yada yada" with the coffee shop storyline. A few episodes later they showed Larry at home being disturbed by a wild party next door and when he walked over there, he discovered Mocha Joe had purchased the house with the money he won for suing Larry, so they kind of glossed over it.