Best five movies of the year so far

Tools    

The Future Ed Wood
i thought mosters inc was realesed in the uk after the new year?

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

The Future Ed Wood
but it opened at my cinema in january so can i still count it?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It doesn't matter when it opened for YOU..

There are movies that come through here a week or two after they're officially released. It's not in YOUR year, it's in the Studio's year.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Gee Whiz Spudness...
go have a drink. You're gettin' crabby.

in no particular order...

Metropolis
Minority Report
About a Boy
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Frailty

and the best...

The Fast Runner (Ataranjuat)

Fast Runner is a story about Canadian Inuits, shot on digital video. My aunt took me to see it last night. it's the best movie i've seen this year. I guess that's six altogether, but whatever.

I've really liked these movies as well this year:

Monsoon Wedding
Insomnia
Undercover Brother
Changing Lanes
Blade 2
Kissing Jessica Stein
Panic Room

And I found smaller, less enduring pleasures in Iris, Unfaithful, The Count of Monte Cristo, and Spiderman. There's been some damn tasty flicks to come out this year, if I do say so.

My least favorite I've seen this year have been Windtalkers, Enough, Death to Smoochy, and The Mothman Prophecies.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Steve
My least favorite I've seen this year have been...Enough...
Were you drunk when you went to watch this!? That's the bravest thing anyone has ever done. Well, almost the bravest. Whoever sat through Glitter deserves a Medal of Honor.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I've been racking my brain to come up with five great films so far, but here's what I came up with:

Minority Report
Spider-Man
Insomnia
Undercover Brother
Panic Room

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Now With Moveable Parts
I haven't been to the theater as much as I would have liked to, but I would have to say:
Insomnia
&
About a Boy

are my choices so far. I have much to look forward to, though. I predict this will be a stellar year for movies.

I saw those crazy Ya Ya Sisters not too long ago. Not one of my favorite movies, but I thought it was gonna become a cult movie. It would definately make some great parodies.

I'm looking forward to Red Dragon in October. I think it's going to closely resemble the book.

Originally posted by spudracer
Were you drunk when you went to watch this!? That's the bravest thing anyone has ever done. Well, almost the bravest. Whoever sat through Glitter deserves a Medal of Honor.
i have love for J.Lo. I think she's a terrific actor. That's why I saw it...Christ, I'm regretting that decision. i ****ing hate vigilante movies. well, most of them anyway.

I guess im achor man

my five favorite movies this year thus far are

Clockstoppers
Rollerball
The New Guy
Slackers
Super Troopers

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
favorite movies this year (top 5)
1. Spiderman
2. The New Guy
3. A walk to Remeber
4. Frailty
5. Scooby Doo

A few months later and my list has changed of course...

Bowling for Columbine
Last Orders
Sunshine State
Tadpole
Full Frontal

It will change again many times before the end of January, 2003.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

well, i've only seen three movies this year that were actually released in 2002 (going by the imdb date listings, for continuity). so here's my top, er, 3:

sunshine state.
spiderman.
star wars.

some things about this: the only of those three that'll be able to make it onto a competative top five list would be sunshine state. in the end, i predict that by the time i've seen ten movies from 2002, unless it's a sub-par year, spidey will not make my top five, but will most likely maintain a strong presence in my top ten. star wars was loads of fun, but not really a great film, so it might or might not make my top ten, depending on the competition. heh, what nonsense .

I missed a lot of movies I wanted to see this year but from what I have seen…

Count of Monte Cristo
Spiderman
We Were Soldiers
Ice Age

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)