Zack Snyder has turned into Michael Bay

Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Cinematography dark. I was serious when I said at times it looked like a David Fincher movie. Not many but there were some scenes I literally couldnt make out what I was looking at. I just dont think its an appropriate coat of paint for a Superman vehicle. The actions still incredible.
I didn't have a problem, or find anything un appropriate about it. Times have changed, film has changed, I think it needed changing up.

On the outside looking in.
I loved WATCHMEN, so was shocked when MAN OF STEEL turned out to be such a dud.

To be fair, I find the Watchmen to be far more interesting and compelling than Superman. Snyder had a lot more to work with.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

People thinking Gal Gadot is an intriguing choice for Wonder Woman have absolutely no idea about anything WW other than an occasional poster or the old 70's tv series. These same people were probably unfazed/unaware when Keanu Reeves was picked for Constantine. I guess thats good for the studios. Gadot having been in the Israeli military means nothing, nothing when it comes to portraying Diana Troy. The two years she was in the IDF she was a sports trainer and modeled for Maxim in one of their "Women of the Israeli Army" spreads. Why would anyone be intrigued by crap casting?

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Editori...r-Woman-334279

Hey, I expected more people to be in agreement. We'll see how it turns out, but Im not gonna blow my $10 on some obvious mainstream Michael Bay depth level p.o.s.
I said intrigued I never said sold. Given the fact that she was in Fast and Furious 6 (a movie I saw) and I do not know who she played does have me worried about her screen presence. Which is the most important attribute. I need to see a trailer before I can even think she is the right choice.

Then again I am trying to grasp at ANY straw to try and find something I might like in this movie.

As for Snyder the new Bay? I cannot say that. I like ONE Bay movie and say it is a good movie, and that is The Rock. The two Bad Boys movies are VERY guilty pleasures. But credit where credit is due, he consistently makes damn good third act action scenes.

Snyder can make very good movies. And he can do so WITHOUT very annoying side characters like Shia LeQueff's parents in Transformers and the Twins from Transformers II.

I'm not guilty about my love for the 2 Bad Boy films.

But I give most of the credit to the performances of Smith and Lawrence, rather than Bay's "vision".

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I think Snyder is a fantastic director, he creates visually stunning films, and he has a great eye for composition and visual storytelling. I loved Man of Steel, Watchmen, and pretty much everything else he's done (maybe not Sucker Punch, but it's an intriguing failure at least).

Michael Bay is a perfectly fine commercial director. He has no real vision, other than to make things look cool, and that's pretty much what he does. I've enjoyed my fair share of his films, they're summer movie fun.

Neither one of these guys has some passion project that will one day see the light of day, and that's perfectly fine. Not everyone needs to do that. But comparing the two is not really apt.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I find reading this topic, after what has gone on in the DC film universe a fascinating read. Some people with fantastic foresight on here.

Welcome to the human race...
The part where someone hoped Zack Snyder wouldn't get to direct Justice League looks...different in hindsight.

Micheal bay s best outings where indeed back in the 90s with bad boys films and the rock