Does anyone else agree that There Will Be Blood will eventually be...

Tools    

I am the Watcher in the Night
Man, it's so great to see another TWBB fan here, it's an exceptional movie, definitely one of my favourite ever. It's brutal ,hellish with quite possibly the greatest screen performance of my life time, not to mention a deep, multilayered story, a beautiful score and perfect cinematography.

Could it be top 10? I don't see why not. I've seen it about 5 times and could watch it again, plus it's probably the only modern movie which has an almost completely silent beginning and still manages to capture a modern audience.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Daniel Day Lewis was great, but There Will Be Blood was work getting through and I find it hard to think of it in the same league as films like Citizen Kane and The Wizard of Oz.

I doubt it. But it is great, Anderson's masterpiece. It's in my top ten, but only because I chose one movie from each decade (doubling up on the 90s), and I have There Will Be Blood as my favorite of the 2000s. But there were bunches of others that were close. I don't think anything else Anderson has directed is anywhere nearly as good.

I watched this again last night, my 3rd viewing.

I struggle to see why its quite so highly rated, truth be told. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed watching it (and hence have seen it multiple times) but whilst I view it as an interesting character study of a man who disturbingly shares some parts of his personality with me (ouch lol), and it does this very well, it neither particularly emotionally affects me or makes me think particularly deeply about anything new. Love the score and its incredibly well made and acted, but for me that isn't enough to make it one of the best of all time for me.

I could see myself liking it more as time goes on though.