Violent prison movie from USA

Tools    

The great prison film that nobody has mentioned yet is "Cool Hand Luke". But I don't that is it, because the shooting scene is nothing like the OP describes.

The great prison film that nobody has mentioned yet is "Cool Hand Luke". But I don't that is it, because the shooting scene is nothing like the OP describes.
I know this movie, but it isn't.

Another good prison movie - The Green Mile, 1999 with Tom Hanks - also has a nasty prison guard, but I don’t think the first scene you’ve described fits.

Another good prison movie - The Green Mile, 1999 with Tom Hanks - also has a nasty prison guard, but I don’t think the first scene you’ve described fits.

Definitely not. It was rather an episode or unpopular B-type low budget movie.

Somebody knows the title?

Candy Cane. Hello. Candy Cane. Hey, Candy Cane. Candy Cane. Anybody out there no Candy Cane?

Sounds like Shawshank to me!

Sounds like Shawshank to me!

You are right. Because one from scenes is very, very similar (warden kills Tommy Williams), but it isn't. I am sure that it was start of the movie or an episode of TV series. Next difference was a fact that prison guard killed a prisoner using a short pistol, not shotgun (and it was only one shot, not several shots). The action was set in very long corridor and I am sure scared second prisoner (he was protagonist probably), which saw this situation.

My newest "finding" is "The Equalizer" - S4.E17 Prisoners of Conscience (TV Episode 1989) and "Quincy M.E." Riot (TV Episode 1980). Unfortunately, I didn't find videos.

I think about "Quincy M.E." and an episode entitled "Riot" - unfortunately it isn't online available.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0681825/

Quincy and Sam are called to a prison to help investigate the murder of one of the inmates. Once there they soon find themselves held hostage by the prisoners when they begin a riot.
User planktonrules wrote:
"Riot" begins inside a prison. It's soon very obvious that the warden is a jerk--the sort of guy who inflames the prisoners and makes small problems huge. Soon, a prisoner dies and the inmates assume one of the guards killed him. After all, he was a brutal guy and loved mistreating them. So it isn't surprising that a riot breaks out and the prisoners take many of the guards prisoner--including the guy they think is responsible for the death. Unfortunately, Sam and Quincy are in the middle of this, as they were called in to examine the dead prisoner's body--and they are taken prisoner by the rioters. Fortunately, one of the rioters (Al White) is not such a hot-head and he is able to influence some of the prisoners to use caution and restraint. Without him, Sam and Quincy as well as the other prisoners would be goners. Quincy is able to get the men to give him time to finish the autopsy before they take their next step. However, there are two huge problems--Sam is forced to stay behind with the prisoners while Quince goes back to the lab and the warden seems to be doing everything he can to escalate the situation! Can Quincy figure out what happened as well as save his friend?
This is a very taut and well made episode--and among the best of season five. It's made better by Al White's guest appearance. He is a solid actor and has a real presence about him throughout the show. And, if you see him and can't quite place where you saw him before, think of the movie "Airplane!". He was one of the two black men who spoke through subtitles!"

funny thing is i vaguely remember watching something that fits this description. but don’t for the life of me remember what it was.
I think about "Last Light" (1993), but I have to find and I will watch then. Do you remember if you saw a movie or an episode of TV show?

What about Undisputed?

What about Undisputed?
Thank you for your guess, but definitely not. I am sure that protagonist was Caucasian, not African American. Second dead prisoner could be Caucasian, not African American too. It is too popular too.

I found only several episodes and movies, which are similar, but I'm not sure and I doubt, because it isn't online available.

1) Payback (1995)
Oscar Bonsetter tells a dying prisoner that he will take revenge on the sadistic guard who killed him. In exchange, Oscar is told of a stash of money. Oscar is eventually released from prison but when he goes to get revenge, he gets sidetracked by the now-handicapped guard and his alluring wife, Rose. The tension builds as Oscar becomes more and more attracted to Rose.
2) Beyond the Walls (1984)
In Israel's Central Prison, the security officer is corrupt, supplying drugs and stirring the hatred between Jewish and Arab prisoners to his advantage. Uri, in for 12 years for armed robbery, and Issan, in for 50 years for PLO violence, command the respect of their cells. When the Arabs are framed for the murder of a Jewish prisoner and a young inmate commits suicide rather than lie about what happened, Uri and Issan form an unlikely partnership, leading the security block on a strike. Prison officials try to break it. In the background are Uri's daughter and Issan's wife, women of beauty and passion who embody the distance from inside a cell to the outside.
3) "Law & Order" TV series (1990 - ) - some episodes is set in a prison

S1.E20 - The Troubles
Detectives and prosecutors face resistance from federal authorities as they pursue murder charges against an suspected IRA member serving time in federal prison, after he is suspected of killing another federal prisoner.
S15.E30 - The Brotherhood
A prison guard is charged with killing a released member of a white supremacist prison gang. The guard says the victim threatened him and his family. The gang also threatens the judge presiding over the trial.
I know that it sounds like crazy searching, but it is extremely tough to find :-)

There are often movies with "realistic tones" that are set in American prisons and jails. I am pretty sure he is talking about an American facility because he describes the typical uniform worn on American "chain gangs".
I think that I am almost ready to "solution" Other user wrote me:
"Something very similar happens in an episode of 24, season 1. Dennis Hopper with an East European accent plays the "warden." (Actually a colonel or general for some rogue military unit.) He shoots the first guy after saying he's free, then makes a threat to the second guy. I don't know what episode it takes place in."
Unfortunately, I didn't find possibility to find an episode. I am ready to buy this, if I find.

That Matlock episode you mention season 4 episode 9 looks like that was it. It was called Matlock: The Prisoner part 1
So you are sure that wasn't it?
Another good prison movie that I didn't see mentioned yet was Felon, but that movie doesn't fit the scene you mentioned.

That Matlock episode you mention season 4 episode 9 looks like that was it. It was called Matlock: The Prisoner part 1
So you are sure that wasn't it?
Another good prison movie that I didn't see mentioned yet was Felon, but that movie doesn't fit the scene you mentioned.
Felon is from 2008, so definitely not. I am sure that my "movie" was released before 2004, because I watched it between 2000 and 2003 max. I think that it isn't "Matlock: The Prisoner" unfortunately (although it has two parts entitled "The Prisoner"), becaused dead prisoner was African American. In my "episode" or "movie" a prisoner was definitely Caucasian man - probably long-haired, well-built and tall man.

The second fact are comments of a user cary_granite from other message boards:
1) "24" TV show could be similar scene with Victor Drazen. Perhaps it wasn't a prison, but rogue military unit:
Something very similar happens in an episode of 24, season 1. Dennis Hopper with an East European accent plays the "warden." (Actually a colonel or general for some rogue military unit.) He shoots the first guy after saying he's free, then makes a threat to the second guy. I don't know what episode it takes place in.
2) The second comment:
I don't remember the episode number or his exact words, just that he shot a guy after he told him he was free, then turned to the second guy and threatened him somehow.
3) The third comment:
I remember a scene exactly as you described and thought it happened with Dennis Hopper in 24, but maybe my memory is wrong.
I have to check this, but the best option will be if I buy at least season 1.