1940's Hall of Fame II

Tools    

like so many, I had like a top 3 and everyone else was basically tied for 4th.

Also, enjoying spacing these HoFs out a bit, I'll be looking for around the 3rd week of September to post the announcement for the 70's HoF with around a week for nominations and the Guess Who's Nom is who and then it'll probably get going at the end of september.
count me in sir

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Double Indemnity last? Wow
Well something's got to be last, and I enjoyed it least. I don't think there were any really bad movies in this hall of fame at all.

Well something's got to be last, and I enjoyed it least. I don't think there were any really bad movies in this hall of fame at all.
Totally agree, all the movies were enjoyable. No matter how amazing the films are, if they're ranked there's always a film that's last.

As far as I'm concerned all of the noms are winners

My voting list
1 Day of Wrath
2 Double Indemnity
3 Ride the Pink Horse
4 His Girl Friday
5 The Ghost and Mrs Muir
6 I Remember Mama
7 Mr. Lucky
8 Body and Soul
9 The Sea Wolf
10 Beauty and the Beast
11 Odd Man Out

I put my own nom, I Remember Mama 6th. One of these days I'll actually vote for my own movie

I'd also like to give a special shout-out to 'Gentleman Jim' . Even though it ended up disqalified, it was one of my favourite nominations in this tournament.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I'm not overly fond of where His Girl Friday placed, but I am happy to see that The Ghost and Mrs. Muir won. I knew that was my favorite as soon as I saw it, and I am just not that much of a fan of Double Indemnity, to be honest. Call me stupid if you will, but I don't understand the praise that film receives.

Anyway, I can't post my list. I must've deleted it. I think my top 3 were The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, His Girl Friday and I Remember Mama. I don't remember how I exactly positioned the rest of them. And I am not going to guess that.

By the way, @Citizen Rules, I almost posted YOUR list for the countdown in here just now. I am so tired, and I wasn't thinking, and all I saw was "40's" and "list" and your name. And then I realized what I was looking at, and then I realized that I'd actually deleted my list for this.

Also, now that this is done, anyone who was planning on sending me a list for the countdown can still do so! There is still time.

Also, now that this is done, anyone who was planning on sending me a list for the countdown can still do so! There is still time.
Vamp thank you for taking on the hard task of doing a 1940's MoFo Countdown for us all.

As much work (and fun) that a Hof is for the host, an official MoFo Countdown demands many, many hours from the host. I'm sure you'll have spent 100's of hours on doing the Countdown for us. So you deserve a lot of credit

It really took no time at all to fill out a voting list for the 40's Countdown...I mean I had already seen those films before, so I just started at what I felt was #1 of the 40's films I had seen,, then #2 on down to #25...

There are so many great films from the 1940's and every single film in this Hof deserves to be considered for someone's list for the Countdown.

BTW there was a 1st 1940's Hof, hosted by Sean
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=47239

Some great movies there too.
1st 1940's Hof
1 Laura (1944) 104 points - Destiny
2 The Little Foxes (1941) 89 points - Cricket
3 The Suspect (1944) 84 points - EdArsenal
4 Arsenic And Old Lace (1944) 78 points - GBgoodies
5 How Green Was My Valley(1941) 78 points - DanielM
6 Waterloo Bridge(1940) 75 points - CR
7 Rope (1948) 74 points - Neiba
8 A Shadow Of Doubt (1943) 73 points - Sean
9 Murderers Are among Us(1946) 66 points - CosmicRunaway
10 Pursued (1947) 52 points - Camo
11 Thief Of Bagdad (1940) 45 points - Rauldc14
12 Fantasia (1940) 33 points - Clazor

Between the two Hofs there's more than enough films to fill out a voting list.

Also, enjoying spacing these HoFs out a bit, I'll be looking for around the 3rd week of September to post the announcement for the 70's HoF with around a week for nominations and the Guess Who's Nom is who and then it'll probably get going at the end of september.
Sounds swell, Ed ! I will try to finish up the 14th HoF in the upcoming three weeks, so I could join the 70's without any stress. Afterwards, I'll likely take a quick break from the HoF's.

As for the 40's countdown, I will maybe take a peek at it to see what this is all about and possibly comment on couple of films, though I have my reservations about the event.

As for the 40's countdown, I will maybe take a peek at it to see what this is all about and possibly comment on couple of films, though I have my reservations about the event.
Jeff, what are your reservations?

A MoFo wide Countdown is sort of like this Hof. In that the people who participant directly influence what movies make the list of Top 100 and in what order. The cool thing is Yoda will link it to the List feature of MoFo.

I don't know what your reservations could be. If you want to see how last year's countdown turned out, this is it:
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ight=countdown

So, it will something akin to that one (and akin to other major countdowns on here).

A MoFo wide Countdown is sort of like this Hof. In that the people who participant directly influence what movies make the list of Top 100 and in what order. The cool thing is Yoda will link it to the List feature of MoFo.
Have i missed the countdown? I've been out today😳

Oh, no. The deadline will be tomorrow.

The countdown will start the following week.

But it won't happen all in one day. It will actually take place over a few weeks with a couple of films revealed each day.

So you didn't miss anything. And unless you go on a trip for a month, you most likely won't miss anything when the countdown is happening either.

Danni, you're in luck, this wasn't the countdown, this was a Hall of Fame movie watching event that a group of us joined. You should join one of these too, you'd be great fun.

The big MoFo Top 100 40's Countdown is hosted by SilentVamp and this is the thread about it here:
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...=49083&page=13

Danni, you're in luck, this wasn't the countdown, this was a Hall of Fame movie watching event that a group of us joined. You should join one of these too, you'd be great fun.

The big MoFo Top 100 40's Countdown is hosted by SilentVamp and this is the thread about it here:
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...=49083&page=13
She already sent a list.

And that is probably why she was a little worried that she missed it.

I'll PM you, if that's ok.

Oh, no. The deadline will be tomorrow.

The countdown will start the following week.

But it won't happen all in one day. It will actually take place over a few weeks with a couple of films revealed each day.

So you didn't miss anything. And unless you go on a trip for a month, you most likely won't miss anything when the countdown is happening either.
Cool😃. I'll look out for it!😃