Movie endings?

Tools    

DarkMan! bruce campbell's five seconds of fame XD

Just stumbled upon this thread and I thought of a new movie with the perfect example for this.
It's about Edge of Tomorrow. So SPOILER ALERT for anyone who has not seen this movie.

The ending of Edge of Tomorrow would have worked much better if Tom Cruise's character would have actually died after wiping out the Omega. Instead I feel like it was forced for there to be a happy ending.

So in response to the thread. I don't mind happy endings or tragic endings, as long as it fits the story well and nothing feels forced.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Just stumbled upon this thread and I thought of a new movie with the perfect example for this.
It's about Edge of Tomorrow. So SPOILER ALERT for anyone who has not seen this movie.

The ending of Edge of Tomorrow would have worked much better if Tom Cruise's character would have actually died after wiping out the Omega. Instead I feel like it was forced for there to be a happy ending.

So in response to the thread. I don't mind happy endings or tragic endings, as long as it fits the story well and nothing feels forced.
It's basically this! I like when the ending is a natural consequence of what happened before!

Forcing a happy ending because it's pretty or a bad one because it's cool is just stupid...

Recently saw American Gangster and the end of that movie left a really bad taste in my mouth. After Russell Crowe spent the entire movie trying to bring down Denzel Washington, we learn in the epilogue that when Frank Lucas went to trial, Crowe's character actually defended him in court and at the end of the movie, they appear to almost be friends...just seemed to make everything that happened prior to that pointless.

Both my #1 and #2 favorite films have this kind of ending, where things don't work out for the protagonist but the ultimate result is still positive in some way.

I was just thinking about a movie with this kind of ending and it is even more unusual because the movie is a musical, a genre known for happy endings. Things don't exactly work out for the heroine at the end of the 1969 musical Sweet Charity and as the epilogue says, "She lived hopefully ever after."

nothing beat that and I said N.O.T.H.I.N.G .

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
One of the best endings/last scenes for me is from "Some Like It Hot" (1959) Billy Wilder.