Comic-Con 2005 - 'Superman Returns' Bryan Singer Speaks

Tools    

Comic-Con International 2005 - 'Superman Returns'

Director Bryan Singer speaks

On Saturday morning in front of a packed audience, Director Bryan Singer came to introduce the first teaser trailer (see below) to his next film, Superman Returns, and spoke at a panel afterwards.

Originally Posted by Jrs
'Superman Returns' Trailer Debuts

Superman Returns
Bryan Singer, director of the upcoming movie Superman Returns, made a triumphant appearance on July 16 in San Diego, debuting a trailer for the film that garnered a standing ovation from many of the more than 6,000 fans in attendance.

Among the surprises include:

- Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) appears to have a child with a character named Richard White, played by X-Men's James Marsden
- The voice-over featured the voices of Marlon Brando as Jor-El and Susannah York as Lara, from Richard Donner's 1978 Superman film
- The film's score will incorporate John Williams' famous theme from Donner's film.
- Shots of the Kent farm in Smallville and a scene of Clark Kent (Brandon Routh) and Jimmy Olsen (Sam Huntington) in a bar, with Jack Larson as the bartender (Larson played Jimmy Olsen in the original 1950s TV series, which starred George Reeves)
- Images of a deco-flavored Metropolis
- Ends with Superman (Routh) zooming from space back to Earth.

The trailer also showcased Singer's new look for Superman and his universe, one inspired in part by Max Fleischer's animated 1940s cartoons and the original DC Action Comics that spawned the superhero. Singer told the crowd that he shot the movie with a new digital camera that duplicates the look and feel of film, but allows him to create a look that recalls 1940s romantic movies.

Superman Returns is still in production, with an eye to a June 30, 2006, release.

So Money and I Don't Even Know It!
Wow I thought the Superman movie was going to be total crap till I saw that picture. Now all I have to do is find that trailer.....

Yeah i was totally skeptical about this new flick until that pic. Singer also seems to have his own ideas for this movie, and after seeing X2 i think he'll do a really good job on it. He seems like a really talented and classy dude, hopefully he'll do this movie justice.