Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.

Judge Priest

Not particularly memorable. Nor it it one of Ford's best. Has its moments though.

Welcome to the human race...
The Big Country -

Slightly above-average example of a Hollywood epic.

Cop car...very good movie, though there was a major plothole where we don't know exactly who's the bad guy 7/10

Man on Fire....good, but the editing gets annoying, good story though 8.5/10

Friday the 13th Part Cuatro: The Final Chapter

essential october viewing. the Citizen Kane of hockey-masked slasher movies, no doubt.

Hell Yeah Lucas!! One of my guilty pleasure

Hell Yeah Lucas!! One of my guilty pleasure
There's nothing guilty about liking this awesome film, Derek.

It's my favorite in the franchise.

There's nothing guilty about liking this awesome film, Derek.

It's my favorite in the franchise.
My favorite:
1 - Friday the 13th (1980)
2- Jason Lives
3- The Final Chapter

all awesome movie and Jason Voorhees is great

and I'm agree with you man

I have to return some videotapes.

The Martian - Meh. Could have been much better. It was a bit annoying that he had everything under control and the film didn't really cover how he actually felt like the loneliness or fear of death that he said he experienced in the final scene in his classroom. The whole 3rd act felt meh as well and there really wasn't any tension. Performances were great but it isn't one of my favorites of the year. Atleast I made it through this, other than Alien...

that's right Swan...

I have to return some videotapes.

The Gift (2015)

Surprisingly entertaining thriller. Jason Bateman, Rebecca Hall and Joel Edgerton are great and that ending was really good.

P.S.- ABOUT TO SEE SICARIO XD
WARNING: "Ending" spoilers below
Do you think he raped her? It's cool that I still think about the ending weeks after I saw it. A paternity test seems out of the question for Bateman because she would just think he was trying to get her back or lying to make Gordo seem like a bad guy.

The Martian - Meh. Could have been much better. It was a bit annoying that he had everything under control and the film didn't really cover how he actually felt like the loneliness or fear of death that he said he experienced in the final scene in his classroom. The whole 3rd act felt meh as well and there really wasn't any tension. Performances were great but it isn't one of my favorites of the year. Atleast I made it through this, other than Alien...

that's right Swan...

Ok, i just finished American Ultra, this movie just blow my mind. Crazy movie but i like it 7/10. I think that it has to be a part 2...

Do you think he raped her? It's cool that I still think about the ending weeks after I saw it. A paternity test seems out of the question for Bateman because she would just think he was trying to get her back or lying to make Gordo seem like a bad guy.
I think he did, but at the same time he could of not. WE never find out, but those eyes the baby had at the end of the movie I think lean more towards him having raped her. The baby totally had Edgerton eyes

Youth (2015)

Watched this in the theater. It's the best film of the year so far for me. I've not seen that many films yet, so - keeping in mind all the other great stuff I still have to watch or that still has to come out - it probably won't remain there, but it was definitely a very satisfying filmgoing experience for me. I might write a review about it after having seen it for a second time. A must see for fans of Sorrentino's former film, The Great Beauty, and a good portion of shamelessly, wildly expressive art! Michael Caine and Harvey Keitel also deliver some very interesting late-career performances.

The Blair Witch Project

It's aged a lot better then would be expected, but I feel the novelty wore off now that it's known to be fake.

Sicario (2015)

Benicio del Toro man, he steals this movie right out from under Emily Blunt. Don't get me wrong I love Emily Blunt, but Benicio's character is just so great in every aspect in this movie. The story was good, tension was fantastic, great acting all around, and many loved the beginning but I think Act 3 is the best part of the movie. This movie perfectly encapsulates what those people go through down near the border.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920)

This is the earliest version (and silent) of the famous tale that I've seen and although not my favorite, it is quite good. John Barrymore supposedly did the initial transformation with very little makeup, just his acting. If true, he did an amazing job, because he looked really freaky. As the movie progresses, make-up is applied and he truly appears gruesome and makes horrifying faces. Add to that an elongated skull cap and he takes on an almost-alien look.

But, on with the story. Everybody should know by now the tale of an honored scientist who is fascinated by the divide in the souls of men, good and evil. He is goaded into experimenting with this by his would-be father-in-law, something I don't remember from the other versions. Like in the other versions he uses a prostitute but unlike the other versions, he doesn't torment and kill her but merely takes up with this one then unceremoniously kicks her out. He's cruel, no doubt, but in other ways. Barrymore is awesome in this, playing against his "handsome-man-with-the-great-profile" reputation. Everybody in the supporting cast is okay, but this is Barrymore's film all the way. Recommended.

90 Minutes in Heaven (2015)

Real-life tale of a minister who is declared dead in a car crash by paramedics and highway patrolmen, but comes to life ninety-minutes later. He is in critical condition and taken to the hospital. Heads-up, he's played by Hayden Christensen. For anyone still reading, he does a good job here. He's in the hospital for months and he's lost the will to live. He doesn't want to talk, and he barely communicates with his family. His wife is played by Kate Bosworth, who does a good job portraying the patience-turned-ferocity at her husband giving up. If some see this movie and think of Christensen as Anakin Skywalker moaning and groaning, well, I understand. But he's playing a man severely traumatized in his body and having to learn to walk again, so I was fine with it. And yes, he reveals toward the end of the movie that the main reason he's been so down is that he actually went to heaven for those ninety-minutes when he was declared dead. There are only a few minutes of the movie that portray his visit there and it's not overdone but pretty subtle. I've read the book and it's been a while, but it seemed like he described more than what was shown in the movie, so I guess the writers and director decided to downplay that. I wish they hadn't, because if you title your movie, "90 Minutes in Heaven," you need to give a little bit more screen time to that subject than they did. Still, it's a very well-acted and thought-provoking film that doesn't beat you over the head with it's subject..Good movie.

Three the Hard Way (1974)

Three badasses go up against an evil honky who has a plan to wipe out all black people in the world by poisoning the water with toxins that will kill black people but is harmless to white people. When our heroes (Jim Brown, Fred Williamson, and Jim Kelly) find out about this plan, they band together to stop the baddie, Monroe Feather (obviously an inspiration for Chris Kattan's "Mr. Feather" in Undercover Brother). Feather is played by Jay Robinson, who, as a young actor, played Emperor Caligula with great campy gusto in The Robe (1953). So it's awesome to see him here, even if he is much less campy.

Anyway, the three good guys learn about the main locations where the poisoning is going to happen and set off separately to stop it, kicking ass, shooting bad guys, blowing up stuff real good and stopping the plans of the Man! Very entertaining movie, with Jim Brown and Fred Williamson shooting guys and Jim Kelly doing his Kung Fu stuff and everybody piling up the bodies way high. A good time to be had by all.