RIP Treat Williams

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

The iconic Treat Williams died yesterday in a motorcycle accident in Vermont. He was 71.
https://variety.com/2023/film/obitua...od-1235641895/

I am so sad to hear about this. Have loved Treat ever since I saw Hair. I was currently enjoying him in his recurring role on the CBS drama Blue Bloods where he plays a former partner of Frank Reagan (Tom Selleck) who keeps creeping back into Frank's life every time he gets in trouble. I'm going to have to watch Prince of the City sometime this week in his honor. RIP

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Oh no. I really liked him in Blue Bloods and the movie Deep Rising. R.I.P
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

One of my favorite roles of his was Karl Thomasson in the three sequels to the Tom Berenger-led The Substitute. He learned martial arts from Simon Rhee, who coordinated the stunts and fights for parts 3 and 4 as seen in this fight scene from Part 3.

Man, quite a shock to hear. I've enjoyed him in practically everything I've seen him in. I just recently re-watched The Phantom (1996), and even though he wasn't the lead, he played the main villain and stole the movie completely.

Was great in smaller roles in The Eagle Has Landed, and 1941. As the lead in Hair and The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper, he was great in those. But I really enjoyed his co-starring effort in Flashpoint with Kris Kristofferson where he was a Border Patrolman who along with his partner, find a buried jeep in the desert, with almost a million dollars in it and a rifle, along with a skeleton. The two men report it and then find their lives in danger. Vastly underrated movie. Deep Rising is one of my favorite creature-feature type movies and he and the whole cast are really funny in it, although it's a horror/action movie. Still, the lauighs are intended.

I never saw what is probably his signature role, Prince of the City but intend to rectify that soon.

The latest thing I saw him in was a Hallmark Channel series called Chesapeake Shores where he played the patriarch of the featured family in the show. I recall there being an in-joke where he talks about being told he looks "like that 'Prince of the City' guy." Nice.

Looking at his resume, I see that he did almost as many TV-movies as cinematic films, and some of them look really good. Will have to do a deep dive on some of them.

Godspeed, Treat.

Anyone missing Treat Williams, he is playing Bill Paley, the head of CBS, in Feud: Capote and The Swans. It's a very good show. Its on FX.

The truth is in here
Were you referring to my post?
The post has now been deleted. It was a random newbie who came into the thread posting "That's verry nice!" for whatever reason.

The driver who accidentally killed Williams pleaded guilty and is avoiding jail. He is getting a one-year deferred sentence and probation for the misdemeanor charge. His driver’s license has also been revoked for one year and he must complete a community restorative justice program as part of his probation.

Williams's son said he forgives the driver but wishes it never happened and while his daughter is too angry now to forgive him, she may do so in the future. Full story can be found here:
https://nypost.com/2024/03/08/us-new...s-avoids-jail/

Definitely an actor I liked. Saw many movies he was in. One of his more outrageous, hysterical, and unusual roles was in Things To Do In Denver When Youre Dead. His scene with Steve Buscemi in that flick stole the whole film.

RIP Treat. You sure were one.