Is the use of MoFo here offensive to you?

Tools    

Simple question: when people here casually refer to "MovieForums" as "MoFo," are you offended by it? Does it bother you? Be honest. I have one person (he doesn't post here regularly, though) who seems very overly upset about it, so I wanted your input on this.

Now With Moveable Parts
The use of 'MoFo'isn't offensive to me,but I wrote about what is,in the what ticks you off thread.Hint:Kyra.Tell me how to deal.I know what I want to do...

Now With Moveable Parts
sorry...i saw that you were sorta following my line of posts...i just got mad.I'm over it.As far as MoFo is concerned,what other acronym could we use?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I find it hilarious more than I find it offensive. I mean, it's not like we're intentionally calling people mofo's. For those who are new to this site MoFo on here is just a shorter way of using MovieForums. Would you want to type that every 10 words? So it's just an acronym we use to help us out, well, I do anyways.

For those that find it offensive, loosen up!! It's not meant to be something serious, just a joke. If you don't feel right saying MoFo then say moviesforums. We will still know what you're talking about.

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Good, glad to hear that, so far, 4 people have absolutely 100% no problem with it. It looks like this one guy who's been giving me a hard time is pretty much on his own. If you haven't voted yet, please do! I want to see just how unamious this is.

In all honesty, MoFo is a better abbreviation for Movie Forums than it is for what the term is usually associated with (since the second word of that phrase has a "u" as the second letter rather than an "o"

Now With Moveable Parts
Ha! you're right! How funny.I'm still gonna use MoFo.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I laughed out loud the first time Chris called this site a MoFo

I don't think it's at all offensive, but don't let Penn and/or Teller catch you doing it, 'cause they may sue. And the last thing you want is those two on your case.

Now With Moveable Parts
I like the acronym MoFo,it's a reminder to all of us not to take ourselves to seriously.It stays.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i voted 100% pure humor.

why would Penn and Teller have a prob with it? do they own this curse word?

well, they don't own the original spelling: MoFo .. caps in the right places and all.

Yes, believe it or not, some nutbar with too much time on his hands actually THREATENED me for referring to the site as "MoFo." He said that it was racist because it was a term primarily used, I think he said, by minorities...which makes no damn sense to me. The phrase is completely race-neutral. It's about as racially offensive as the word "idiot."

RACIST??? of all reasons, i thought it might of been some copyright thing which might be slightly understandable but racist, i dont think if someone on the street called me a mofo i would break out in tears, that guy was a serious goose!!!

A novel adaptation.
I'm cool with it, and when I first came here, I found it funny more than anything.

And: Oh god, Chris. I really hope you threw that person down a flght of stairs.

I don’t have a problem with it… I thought it was funny too when I came here and it never even occurred to me someone would have a problem with it…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Hmmmmm.....
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Put me in your pocket...
I'm fine with it, and never thought of MoFo as a derogatory term.