Good trailers bad movies

Tools    

fbi
i'll start. Superman returns.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
How many movies really live up to their trailers???

anyways, here are my picks.

The Matrix Revolutions
The Village
War of the Worlds
Godzilla
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (not really a bad movie, but the film does not live up to the trailer at all)

Alien Resurrection
The Brother's Grimm
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Suspect's Reviews

I really enjoyed the village!

Almost all (Hollywood) horror movies since 2000 have decent trailers but are nearly all insanely bad.

You can usually tell if it's going to be cringe worthy if the trailer contains a young girl with black eye make up smeared around her face.

I agree with the last 2 matrix movies, I was SO disappointed. The end of the first was the end of the story!

Escape from L.A. I mean Snake on a surfboard...gotta be cool, uhhh yeah it was not cool, it was bad, really bad.

The trailer scene of a mother sinking down on her porch as a carload of Army officers come to tell her of the deaths of her sons had me thinking that Saving Pvt Ryan would be a poignant, moving film. Instead they shot a cheap imitation of The Big Red 1 and The Longest Day. All special effects and with plot holes big enough to drive a Sherman tank through. Boring!

harry potter5
i mean all HP movies are good except for the fifth
its full of **** all talking no action

I thought that The Punisher was gonna be a cool, cold and violent action flick when I watched the trailer. Plus it had my boy Thomas Jane as the titular lead, which wetted my appetite even more. I was a bit disappointed with the end result needless to say. Had a few decent scenes though.

Movie Forums Critic
I really like the trailer of LOTR and the latest james bond......

yet bad trailer that I've watch is the hulk,Mr.bean holiday and Ocean's 13

i was so very disappointed with this movie

All good people are asleep and dreaming.

8 Seconds

I thought the film would be a lot more gritty. Instead it looked like something made for the Hallmark Channel.

District 9: what a mess.

The Punisher; ouch. I don't recall the trailer, but the fact that people saw it in theaters proves the point. I still can't figure out why I saw it. Didn't they come out with a sequel to that? or am I imagining.

Making a trailer is a very smart job. If you make a good trailer you can make the viewers interested towards the film. Most of the directors or producers try to merge almost all important part in a short form and it looks compact.