Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Unregistered User
I passed on Silent Running but I'll watch it if you say it's worth it. Kramer vs. Kramer is awesome.
Nice one, looking forward to it. It'll probably not be until Monday i'll be back on here but i'll keep you posted.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Scarface

I wanted to watch the 30's version first, but to hell with it! The last major De Palma film I still haven't seen.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Scarface

I wanted to watch the 30's version first, but to hell with it! The last major De Palma film I still haven't seen.
His best, easily.

I'm not sure Minio will love it as much as you, as I don't think he is a particularly big fan of gangster films, but here's hoping he surprises me. I definitely like it a lot and think people take it too seriously, thus it gets too much hate. From what I have seen I'd put Blow Out ahead of it, but I love that film.

I wouldn't say it gets much hate. The people that do hate it are in the minority, look at its IMDb/Rotten Tomatoes ratings. Even Ebert had it in his Great Movies collection.

Tree of Life, on the other hand...

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Scarface

But yo, Howard Hawks >>>>> Brian DePalma

The '30s Scarface and the '80s Scarface have practically nothing in common. They're completely different movies.

Scarface is far from De Palma's best film, though, in my opinion. It's entertaining, decadent and has a few memorable scenes, but De Palma has made better stuff. I think Minio will agree with me, as he has seen quite a few other De Palma films too, UNLESS he falls in love with Pacino's over the top performance or the exuberant settings.

(Rewatch) Norton and Damon is instant-classic