When caffeine has unintended consequences

Tools    

Yes. I do. But they don't carry caffeine free Cherry Coke or Dr Pepper.
At AMC you can get a bunch of flavors w/o caffeine if they have a freestyle machine, including cherry Coke.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Buy the ticket, take the ride! Anxiety is nothing but the repression of your primal self! Have another cup!

At AMC you can get a bunch of flavors w/o caffeine if they have a freestyle machine, including cherry Coke.

The closest AMC to me, which is right down the street, is a total shit hole. Last movie I saw at that one was the re-release of The Exorcist in 2000, vowed to never return and I haven't. The next closest AMC is over an hour away. I could drink 3 Big Gulps of Dr. P, take five leaks and dump at the nearest Marcus Theater and still miss less of the movie than going to that AMC and not leaving my seat. I know when I order the soda I'm going to be using the bathroom before the movie is over. If it was a big deal to me I wouldn't get the soda.

I will get public acknowledgments at work on my 3rd cup

I’m like, “You guys don’t even coffee.”

I quit making the french press at home (2 cups) then anywhere from 3-5 after that at my last job. My people keep a pot on.

It’s okay. Let’s not bring up people’s Zyn’nies… I mean, I’m kinda disappointed it took as long as it did for those to come to market.

Had similar experience to the OP with Thai Food.

Had a friend that I'd go to an authentic Thai restaurant with and then to a movie, (Don't know where people came up with "dinner and a movie" when it should be the other way around.)

Something in the Thai dishes I'd order had a "cleansing" effect on me. Not that it made me sick, but a couple hours after eating there'd be this volcano effect that had a totality about it! It was urgent, with little warning, so I missed parts of movies several times because I had to run to the restroom. On one occasion we went out on the town after Thai food and I actually ended up running into a different restaurant JUST to use their bathroom!

For many years I have gotten 2 medium ice regular cream and sugar with mocha from Dunks, 1 first thing in the morning, and 1 in the afternoon. On workdays, that first one was at 4:50am just before pulling in to work. That all changed one Friday last July. Now on workdays I only get 1 in the early afternoon. 2 reasons- ok I drive a truck and around 5:45 on the dark highway I would start to spazz out and even freeze up like Mitch McConnell. Really scary and I'd have to slowly pull over. 2nd reason is I would have to crap and I didn't have much time. I would sudddnly have to go on the side of the road, the back of the truck in a box, or out in the woods. Not fun! Then that day in July came when I ran through the front door of Cumberland Farms and I couldn't make it any further-right down my shorts and all over the floor in front of many customers. At least on my days off I can still get my morning coffee. I sit in the parking lot sipping away with a smoke until I get that familiar feeling and I run inside. I can't wait for the elevator but there's a bathroom next to the gym. It's much better than in front of the counter next to the potato chips.

That’s why he’s the people’s champ!

That is part of why it was so easy to quit drinking coffee at home. It quit doing the one job it’s suppose to do.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm antother vote for the "certain age" thinking. I used to be able to drink coffee with wild abandon, with no ill effects. When I hit about 45 or 50, though, I started getting heart palpitations. When I contacted my doctor about them, the first question was, "Do you drink coffee? If so, curtail it and see if that helps."

I was skeptical but the heart palpitations stopped. For a while (past the headache stage of early withdrawal), I eased back into coffee. I now drink one mug of half-caff in the mornings and I'm fine. But if I have a second cup later in the day (which wouldn't happen at home--it'd be if I was out somewhere and wanted more coffee), then the jitters or heart palpitations might show up again. It feels like an anxiety attack that I can't figure out, till I realized I've had that second cup of coffee.

It's a bit of a bummer since I love coffee, but I try to keep good-quality decaf in the house (Nespresso Vertuo machine here) for later in the day.

The weird thing is that caffeine in drinks such as Diet Coke never seems to bother me: no heart palpitations, no keeping me awake if I have it in the evening. There is some line somewhere, though, in the evening where I cannot have caffeinated soda or I'll be WIDE awake till 5 a.m. (like, sitting at my desk playing games on Steam because there's no way I'm ready to go to bed). Lesson learned. But even then, no heart palpitations. Just the wide-awake part.

NONE of these things were issues I ever thought about two decades ago.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Coffee makes me poop.

I mean, it's like it goes straight through me. Any time I'm feeling backed up, I can generally depend on a cup or two of coffee. Chinese takeout too, if that doesn't cut it.

Not all coffee! We have a restaurant here called Metro Diner. They're pretty good. I rarely have issues with Cracker Barrel too. It may just be the office Folger's brand and how they make it here. Who knows.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You ready? You look ready.
Coffee makes me poop.

I mean, it's like it goes straight through me. Any time I'm feeling backed up, I can generally depend on a cup or two of coffee. Chinese takeout too, if that doesn't cut it.

Not all coffee! We have a restaurant here called Metro Diner. They're pretty good. I rarely have issues with Cracker Barrel too. It may just be the office Folger's brand and how they make it here. Who knows.
i won’t flirt in the line
with a squirting behind
it’s hurting me to stand
why am i drinking this damn brand

So I found out today that these exist:

Each chocolate has 50mg of caffeine (roughly half a cup of coffee)