Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Tools    

Ron White, Kevin Hart, Ken Jeong, and Ralph Fiennes
♩One of these things is not like the others! ♫

You know, I watched the trailer again and that actually DOES look like a parade going on in the streets of New York. With floats/inflatable people in the parade. I'm guessing that since ghosts are taking over bodies in this movie, ghosts are gonna take over the floats/inflatable people/I'm not sure exactly what you call them. Non-sexual gigantic blow up dolls.

It looks like a remake of the original Ghostbusters.

It looks like their "Janine" receptionist character -- that guy -- gets possessed by an evil ghost, just like Sigourney Weaver and Rick Moranis did.

And that flying dragon ghost (why the Hell is there a flying dragon ghost?) that's sitting on top of the black female Ghostbuster's shoulders -- I bet that's the new devil dog/gargoyle.

It looks like a remake of the original [i]Ghostbusters.
It doesn't to me. If it was a remake, it would be the same characters played by new actors with Stay Puft Marshmallow Man as opposed to Rowan's Ghost and some new supporting actors as Janine and Louis.

Welcome to the human race...
I think he means it in the same sense that people accuse The Force Awakens of copying A New Hope.

Welcome to the human race...

So this is the UK trailer, which overlaps quite heavily with the second international trailer but cuts out the weakest parts (notably, the obvious pratfalls/gross-out moments) and stuffs in some newer moments (including one that actually made me chuckle, but I'm not telling you which one).

Don't care about this film and am not planning on seeing it, I think the hatred is being overdone though and I don't really get why. But all that stuff aside, I give this particular shot a 10/10.

I think the hatred is being overdone though
Same. I don't doubt it will be bad but i still find the worst thing about it is the internets horrible reaction to and focus on it simply because it is a female cast .

Chris Hemsworth and Kate McKinnon are probably going to be the film's highlights. Both have been hilarious in trailers so far.
Admittedly I don't think a comedy should be riding on the shoulders of a support character.

Unless it's Scrat. Scrat's the best part of any movie he's in.

Admittedly I don't think a comedy should be riding on the shoulders of a support character.

[/center]
I don't think Ghostbusters will be. I just think either Kate McKinnon or Chris Hemsworth might steal the show. Kate McKinnon's not a support character anyway.

I betcha this movie loses money. Its not that theres bad vibes coming from it, its because Ive heard nothing good about it.

They shoulda got Ron White, Kevin Hart, Ken Jeong, and Ralph Fiennes (why not, somebody'd have to carry that mess), and this would have just killed at the box office.
Dammit Tongo! Why the hell were you not the casting exec on this flick?!?!?!? I would pay double to that movie!

I think he means it in the same sense that people accuse The Force Awakens of copying A New Hope.
It's sorta like that. I don't see this as an exact remake.... but it looks like it's trying to "remake" the first film in its own, different kind of way.

I've always thought Seth Rogen and Aziz Ansari should have been Ghostbusters when they were still thinking of having male Ghostbusters.