Supanova Pop Culture Expo

Tools    

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Anyone going to Supanova?

http://www.supanova.com.au

Looks like I'm going to the Melbourne run next weekend. The only downside is I was slack and didn't realise it was so soon, so I might not be able to make up a cosplay outfit *sigh*

But I'm excited because Jhonen Vasquez is going to be there. I might actually try and get him to sign my I Feel Sick comics, or any my Invader Zim stuff.

Oh thats it! Maybe I could dress up as Devi or Tenna from I Feel Sick. I already have a Spooky doll!

Welcome to the human race...
I've attended it three times over the past few years. I've got my fair share of stuff from there, met a couple of the celebrities who do autographs/photos (personal favourite so far has been meeting David Harris because I'm a fan of The Warriors), and am currently wondering if I'll bother showing up this year or not.

Was also contemplating putting together a Rorschach costume to wear, but I'm a bit lazy for it.

My life isn't written very well.
uh...it's fun...

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I like to dress up cos its a bit of a nerdy fan thing. I like the Japanese pop culture behind it and I have always enjoyed costume parties and I throw a halloween party every year even though Halloween isn't an Australian holiday.
But yes mainly its just fun. Its fun having your costume recognised, its fun being complimented on your effort. Its fun just hanging with other people and fans who dress up.
I'm also a creative person and probably most of all I enjoy the process of planning and making the costume.

Yes I'm a big nerd and damn proud of it I was uncool before it was cool to be uncool *grin*

Welcome to the human race...
Weird, I searched for the pic I posted of me with Harris and I found the post, but the pics are missing for some reason. Link.

I wore a Scarface-themed jacket with an Army of Darkness T-shirt. Double the geek.