Old school Werewolf flik???

Tools    

I have been trying for 10years to find someone who can tell me the name of a movie I saw when I was young. All I can remember is 1. It was intense enough to leave an impression that I still remember it!!lol
and 2. A couple pull into a bar/inn and it turns out the whole bar is werewolves.And before anyone guesses its not Dusk til Dawn lol this would have been in the mid 70's to mid 80's movie. I recall a crap ton of action and alot of jump out scare stuf really good movie gotta find it!!!
Who's the guru to help me????

Gonna Say Wolfen - not because I think this is it, but just because.

I need to check that out. Perfect time of the year. I like the cast a lot, too. I remember it being on cable once, but it was too far into it, so I turned it off.

Don't think that one scene you seem to vaguely remember sounds like either American Werewolf in London or Wolfen (nor Silver Bullet, not yet mentioned). From that very generic description, I'd start with Joe Dante's The Howling and, if necessary, its sequels. There are six sequels, total, and while I haven't seen them all and the few I have seen I can barely remember, that's my best guess. But while the original is a bit of a genre classic, the sequels are mostly just dreadful. Still may have been very impactful on a youngin.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Semper Fooey
I don't think it is the Howling. I saw the first three and i don't think there is a scene like that and reading about the other ones doesn't sound like it either.

Yeah, I'm not claiming it is. I also don't recall a bar scene in The Howling. However, there is a scene where everyone except the main male star is a werewolf. They are all outside, one late night, hanging around a bonfire. His wife, Dee Wallace, is back at their hotel room, if memory serves.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If you want to put the time and effort into finding what the movie may be.

Go here

Suspect's Reviews

Silver Bullet?
A American werewolf in Paris?

He could be confusing werewolves with vampires, because this sounds more like the bar scene in Near Dark to me. Plus that one plays a lot like a werewolf flick anyway.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yeah, the description also reminded me of the first episode of Vault of Horror, but that involved vampires at a restaurant.

Yeah, but a couple doesn't arrive at a bar, where it's filled with just Vampires. There are five or so people already there, and the Vampires come in after. If it's Vampires, then I'd say add a decade. Blade had nothing but Vampires in that club.
It's not going to surprise me at all if it turns out to be The Howling.

Semper Fooey
I suspect Destiny is right and some of the details were misremembered.

Horror Hotel had a bunch of dead witches amd one poor mortal girl.

Well I wish I was a little more confused but unfortunately I've checked all the movies that have been named its none of them. I did remember another detail that I had left out.. they were bikers. Hopefully this brings a a little more to the table.

Semper Fooey
I think we're tapped out as it is probably an obscurity. I found the little known Werewolves on Wheels from the seventies, but that's not it.

Well I wish I was a little more confused but unfortunately I've checked all the movies that have been named its none of them. I did remember another detail that I had left out.. they were bikers. Hopefully this brings a a little more to the table.
It's been bugging me since you posted it. All this does, is bug me more. I swear I know this damn film.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Funny thing, I was going to post Werewolves on Wheels first, but that deals with cults and stuff. Don't know about a bar scene.

Does this look familiar?

&feature=related

Try the link I gave you.

No not it but cool old school flik as well. Ya Des.. it bugs me too I even went as far as to go to the local "video guru" you know the guy that has that obscure video store that knows almost every movie ever made ...BUT THIS ONE lolol.. I have been going through lists of movies hoping maybe the title might pop in the ole noodle ..but nothing so far but hey I was a lil guy when this movie came on Oh another little detail that refreshed my mind was one of the scenes was similiar to the locker scene in the newer version texas chainsaw movie albeit she was hiding but not in a locker but it played out real similiar. ( ya I just watched TCM lol )