Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Outstanding. The ending is even better if you've seen The Big Parade right before this.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The 39 Steps (Alfred Hitchcock, 1935)

It's a reasonably lengthy flight in terms of distance alright

It's the only Lynch's movie I like
Well, one is better than none

The 39 Steps (Alfred Hitchcock, 1935)

It's a reasonably lengthy flight in terms of distance alright
I don't really get what is supposed to be so great about this either. It's #4 on the best british films list. Guess it's that Hitchcock was such an important and great director and his best work was clearly in Hollywood so his British films were overrated by critics, or it's really great and i'm missing something. Who knows, i found it overall enjoyable but really exhausting to watch.

I don't really get what is supposed to be so great about this either. It's #4 on the best british films list. Guess it's that Hitchcock was such an important and great director and his best work was clearly in Hollywood so his British films were overrated by critics, or it's really great and i'm missing something. Who knows, i found it overall enjoyable but really exhausting to watch.
I wasn't impressed either. Just a good and serviceable thriller. I'm not a big fan of Hitchcock's British films I've watched, but I'm way fonder of Blackmail for instance.

It's #4 on the best british films list.
Really? ..... that's massively, massively overrating it imo.

Ahhhhh ..... movieforums .... that explains it all .... I take that site with a big pinch of salt myself

Seriously though, I've always wondered how that list was compiled .... presumably a consensus of views but from whom... critics? directors? members of the film institute? counter-staff at Maccie D's?

Ahhhhh ..... movieforums .... that explains it all .... I take that site with a big pinch of salt myself

Seriously though, I've always wondered how that list was compiled .... presumably a consensus of views but from whom... critics? directors? members of the film institute? counter-staff at Maccie D's?
BFI did the Sight and Sound list too. I think that list is pretty great for expanding your horizons, IMDB 250>AFI 100>Sight and Sound 250 is a good way to go as a movie fan IMO, then by that point you know where to go and what you like. According to wiki:

In 1999 the British Film Institute surveyed 1,000 people from the world of British film and television to produce the BFI 100 list of the greatest British films of the 20th century. Voters were asked to choose up to 100 films that were 'culturally British'.

I've seen 136/250 of the Sight and Sound list. Here's the list if you have Letterboxd - https://letterboxd.com/garrincha89/l...top-250-films/

The Rules of the Game is the highest one i haven't seen, loved Grand Illusion so i'm looking forward to it.

In 1999 the British Film Institute surveyed 1,000 people from the world of British film and television to produce the BFI 100 list of the greatest British films of the 20th century. Voters were asked to choose up to 100 films that were 'culturally British'.
Cheers for this, does explain why Chariots Of Fire is so unreasonably high on the list

Cheers for this, does explain why Chariots Of Fire is so unreasonably high on the list
My favourite part is: from the world of British film and television. Love the idea of like Delboy contributing

I've seen 136/250 of the Sight and Sound list. Here's the list if you have Letterboxd - https://letterboxd.com/garrincha89/l...top-250-films/
No idea how many I've seen or not, only problem with lists is I find going through them a bit of a chore really tbh. I can however quickly and categorically say that I've seen all of them all the way down to Tokyo Story though