Choose a Song You Love and Describe The Reasons Why.

Tools    

Love will tear us apart - Joy Division
I love this song, Ian Curtis has quite a depressive tone when he sings but when I listen to this song it's emotional and has a really 80's feel to it. Joy Division are one hell of a band.

My Iron Lung - Radiohead
I just love Radiohead, Thom Yorke sings in a unique way.

Wish you were here - Pink Floyd
A song you can really lose yourself in, Pink Floyd are fantastic.

Black - Pearl Jam
My uncle played this song at his wedding, the lyrics are deep and the song really hits you.

Four fantastic songs.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Gods_third_leg
Black - Pearl Jam
My uncle played this song at his wedding, the lyrics are deep and the song really hits you.
Yeah, That is a great song (my favorite of Pearl Jam's), but I must say, it's extremely inappropriate for a wedding.

It was but he really wanted to play this song, a song that meant something to him on one of the most special days of his life.

It wasn't played during the ceremony but at the after party.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Well ok. I'm sure he had his reasons. It's just that some people misinterpret or pay attention to only some of the lyrics in a song, which leads them to use it in a strage situation. Like Reagan wanting to use "Born in the USA" in his campaign.

I am having a nervous breakdance
"The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (live)" - The Band

It's a great song period but the live version on "The Last Waltz" is so emotionally charged. And it's even better than the studio version. Levon Helm, one of my favourite drummers and one hell of a singer, delivers the words of the lyrics like it was the last time he would ever sing them. Maybe it was - this was The Band's last concert after all.

I love the lyrics about a poor hard working man of the defeated South during the last days of the Civil War. Helm, a farmer boy from Arkansas, understood what the song was all about and put down his soul in it, according to some interview I once read with the songwriter, Robbie Robertson. And you have to listen to how Helm sings on this version.... and how he plays the drums and the rest of The Band is just following him while the crowd goes wild (and they should).

Music history....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Originally Posted by Strummer521
C'mon dude! You can give a better description than that. Elaborate. You've written a whole bunch of reviews already so I know you can handle this. Actually between those and the top 100 list. You're the most ambitious new member I've seen . Surely you can take some time to go into a little more detail on this.
Well, this was the first song that I listened to while looking at pictures from my High School graduation. I was looking at them through a slide show on the computer and this song was playing and it went perfectly with the pictues. This was like a day or two after I graduated, which was this year. So it got to me, the fact that I won't be seeing 3/4 of the friends that I've made over the past 4 years and more.

Johnny Cash did a good cover song of it, but I think that the Nine Inch Nails one is just a little bit better.

Even though it was depressing, I thought it was alot better to look at the pictures and listen to this song, then something from vitamin c or the cliched time of your life from Green day.

Led Zeppelin: Misty Mountain Hop

Whenever I'm in a terrible mood, I just put this one on and I feel better, it's so up-beat, I love it.

Suspect's Reviews

Led Zeppelin are fantastic.

Originally Posted by Gods_third_leg
Led Zeppelin are fantastic.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Fond Farewell - Elliott Smith

I want this film to be played at my funeral. Every time I listen to it I can just see those images in the lyrics and it's honestly beautiful.