Scream Trilogy

→ in
Tools    

i just wondered what people think about the scream trilogy.......

am i the only 1 that thought that only the first maybe the second should have been made?

post your views..

cazz
x

I See You When You're Sleeping
The first was okay but once it started clicheing itself with the sequels it got a little boring.

nibblechunk

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by MinionTV
The first was okay but once it started clicheing itself with the sequels it got a little boring.

nibblechunk

Oh you and your chunks of nibble.

I thought the concepts of the films' continuations were interesting (i understand ole Wes Craven, or whoever it was, planned them all out that way i.e. the increasing self-reference etc) - but ultimately only the first one was engaging for me.

The First Scream movie was great i had fun with it. After that i found the second movie kinda funny with all the predictable turns and twists. the third one i liked the ending

I own all three on DVD. The first is by far the best. The second is the worst, and the third was okay. The first one definately scared me. . .(i just started my teenage years, i saw this a year after it came out) because it could really happen. Now maybe that's a bit dramatic, but it's possible.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I think the first one is the only one that was actually good enough to be in film. The other two were, well, crap...to put it bluntly.

I've spoken endlessly about the Scream movies before, so I'll just say this:

Scream -- I loved it. One of the best lite-horror films I have ever seen. Great opening scene, great characters - I was in awe.

Scream 2 -- I don't know what it is, but I love this movie more than the first, making it my favorite of all three. It's darker, it's more fun to watch than the first (in my opinion), the opening scene was better to watch at the movies than the first film's (something about being in a theatre while watching a scene with people in a movie theatre watching a horror movie), I loved the characters more, loved Sidney's greek play, and thought it had a cooler ending. This one showed how they REALLY messed with Sidney's head. The first film was just barely doing that. She seemed more phased by her mom's death which happened in the past.

Note: There's a second draft of the script on the internet. It has many differences, especially with the ending. I liked a lot of that story better than the filmed version - I am pissed that it wasn't filmed. Even if just as an alternate version on the DVD.

Scream 3 -- They really screwed up. I thought that if I could love Scream 2 better than Scream 1, then Scream 3 will have to be THE ULTIMATE. Instead, they made this totally ridiculous piece of *****. I was hoping to see Sidney as maybe an actress in Hollywood, or doing some kind of job there - no. They wrote her as a PHONE CRISIS COUNSELOR. Whoo hoo! She only had one scene where the killer called through her crisis counseling line, and it was AWFUL. The killer also had this device that could change his voice to sound like anybody he could get a sample of their voice of, and it makes NO SENSE. I was completely shocked that Wes Craven went along with this. Parker Posey was fun, but she overacted, and did not seem someone who should be in a Scream movie. I don't get how people can say this movie is better than Scream 2. Scream 1 and Scream 2 fit together, but Scream 3 just doesn't. It stunk to high hell. Only bits and pieces of it I liked - such as Sidney being chased around the replica of her house on the set of Stab 3.

Note: Scream's writer and creator, Kevin Williamson, didn't write this one. He wrote a treatment, but the screenwriter, Ehren Kruger, didn't use much of it. Kevin's idea was to take the story back to Woodsboro, the setting of the first film, and I really wish I could know exactly what he planned.

My sister loves them but after seeing one of them I was not at all inpressed or anything plus I don't like horror movies anyway!
I reather watch Star Wars anyday!
See you around THe acting was pretty good through and so was the plot but it is not good for me!
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Like some have said, The first one was good but the last two weren't worth watching.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews