New Line Reboots A Nightmare on Elm Street....Again

Tools    

It actually will since most likely it'll be another origin story.

Would you have watched the Dark Knight trilogy if each film had just been a reboot with an alternate Batman origin story rather than the next part in the series?

Would you have watch 9 different versions of the exact same plot of the original Nightmare on Elm Street, just with a slightly different cast?
My point is that in many ways, I already did. Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Texas Chainsaw have all had multiple movies that had the same character archetypes and base plots with different death scenes. There is no story that arcs over multiple movies.

My point is that in many ways, I already did. Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Texas Chainsaw have all had multiple movies that had the same character archetypes and base plots with different death scenes. There is no story that arcs over multiple movies.
Why even watch the full movies at all then?

Why even join a movie site 90S Ace? Whatever about whatever but there is no explanation for you joining a movie site. You asked one incredibly obvious question about The Godfather, then spent the rest talking about abortions and blah.

Because movies are about how something is done, not what is done. I don't watch Elm Street movies to be surprised by who Freddy does and doesn't kill, I watch to see how the death scenes are crafted. Talented people put time, money, and hard work into the creation of full films, and they deserve to be appreciated on their merits.

I have to return some videotapes...
I have a feeling this movie if it is made will crash and New Line just wants to try and milk an old cow, but hopefully it's better than the other crap reboot. I would be fine with the movie if they changed the story and made Freddy funny again.

Anyone heard any new news on this yet.
I second this. Interested to see if anything else has came from this, but I did read a large portion of the info on it potentially occurring around the time this thread was made and then little else since.

I love the original series and thought the remake with Jackie Earle Haley was an interesting way to tackle the story, although in actual effect it wasn't a great film, so I'm not turned away by it.

There's always room for Freddie, and with the next Friday the 13th movie and TV series scheduled I wouldn't imagine (a next) Nightmare being too far behind.

Definitely interested if there's any new news I may have missed.