Favorite board game

Tools    

For all of you who say Risk is one of their favorites, you should really check out Axis & Allies. It's soooo much better. Good luck finding players though.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
My family has that exact board game!

As for me, it's Clue, Trouble and a game called Loaded Questions.

Scene It is a blast to play. Although nobody will ever allow me to play because I win every time...

I like:
Trivial Pursuit
Scattergories
Risk
Clue
Does Jenga count?

Put me in your pocket...
I thought I'd bump this up.

I played Taboo for the first time this New Years Eve with some friends and we had a blast. I'll have to buy it.

Games I also have enjoyed...

Monopoly...probably my all time fav.
Pictionary
Life
Uno
Marry, Date or Dump?
Mouse Trap
Sorry
Scrabble
Clue

The only board games we had in the house were draughts and scrabble (my favourite).

If you're with a group of 6 or more sufficiently inebriated friends, check out Balderdash. It's usually a lot of fun.

Monopoly & I'm getting into the scene it movies & t.v.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Monopoly here too. I've got a set from (I think) the '50s with fantastic, though a bit poisonous, lead pieces.

Does Chess count as a board game or an addiction like smoking? I've been playing a bit recently though my tactics are still in the Field Marshal Haig envelope...

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by Lance McCool
If you're with a group of 6 or more sufficiently inebriated friends, check out Balderdash. It's usually a lot of fun.
I played it about a month ago with about 30 people and teams of 5. It was so so funny, I loved it. I'd been waiting for it to come in stock at the local Toyworld, but then when it did it was quite expensive so now I'm waiting for a sale.... but I do want it.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Tacitus
Does Chess count as a board game...
Hell yeah! The more intellectually challenging board game...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Sleezy
Ever played the redneck version? You can find them on the dining tables at any Cracker Barrel family restaurant.

I have. For hours on end, even.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I played Cluedo for the first time on Christmas day and it's amazing! I never knew you could use tactics!

I'll have to go with Monopoly as it's the game that runs forever.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
How did I forget Pigmania?!

and Mastermind
Holy safety violations Batman! Those things could put your eyes out. I would not want to play against a sore loser.

Ground Control To Major Thom
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Lately, I'm hooked on Sudoku.
I'm terrible at it, but I can't stop playing.
my fastest sudoko is 4mins 26sec, not that i know what it is or anything..

Trivial Pursuit will always rule the multiple people board games. Pictionary was good, too.

I would have to say Chess is my favourite board game, i would play for hours in the common room at college.