The MoFo Top 100 of the Eighties

→ in
Tools    

I submitted my list early because I did not have any time to watch movies over the past 4 months. Though I can watch a few over the next 25 days, these are mostly either very old or new (so no 1980's movies).
You sent your list the second Skepsis said he was doing it

"Isaac" missed a trick there. If he submits one now it'll disqualify the other list Sexy sent me.
What? Why?

Dammit. I joined the site too late to send in my list

No matter: hopefully there'll be another list some other time!

Dammit. I joined the site too late to send in my list

No matter: hopefully there'll be another list some other time!
I would wait until we do our 70's list! We just got done with the 90's, the 80's is next month, so start preparing for our inevitable epic list of 70's movies.

No you didn't the deadline is 14th January
He's referring to this rule:

New members can send in a list as soon as they've been a member here for one month. This measure is taken so that the list isn't influenced by members who've been on here for a week and then pack their bags and never come back.
T_L_P, if you're still here around the 15th go ahead and send me a list. You're only 2 days out from being eligible, which is close enough to prove you're sticking around for at least a little while. Only if you're still around at that time, though, and preferably having participated on the site between now and then.

I would wait until we do our 70's list! We just got done with the 90's, the 80's is next month, so start preparing for our inevitable epic list of 70's movies.
It began with a millennium list and now we are going to do every decade until the 1920's.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
It began with a millennium list and now we are going to do every decade until the 1920's.
So I never get to vote for Fantomas!?

If we ever go past (or should I say before?) 70s, I say we just clump it up into a Classics list. What's the rush though, I still haven't started my 80s list

Just for myself, as some sort of checklist, I'm just posting a list of the '80s films I still REALLY want to watch before submitting my definite list.

Love Streams (1984)
Angel Heart (1987)
Nuovo Cinema Paradiso (1988) - Which version should I watch?
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover (1989)
Broadcast News (1987)
Angel Heart (1987)
Down By Law (1986)
This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
The Right Stuff (1983)
An American Werewolf in London (1981)
The Elephant Man (1980)
Ordinary People (1980)
The Blues Brothers (1980)

I probably won't be able to see them all, as the deadline is the 15th of january and I have to study for my exams (they start on the 6th), but I'll try to watch as many as possible. Any other recommendations are still welcome, of course.