Opening Credits

Tools    

I really like the Hollow Man opening credit sequence with all the molecues and stuff. It's very visually striking and creative.

Honourable mentions to Seven

Conan The Barbarian, directed by John Miluis. Fantastic.

The first ten minutes of this movie are classic and awesome to watch. Milius was truly great (recently completing his ROME project for HBO as writer/producer).
Hope to see more films directed by this guy someday. Awesome writer, by the way. His film credits as script writer are extremely impressive.

Apocalypse Now
Catch Me If You Can
Vertigo
To Kill a Mockingbird
Raging Bull
Requiem for a Dream

Opening credits are extremely important. They're the essential mood-establishing time for a film. All of the choices of mine make strong use of music and imagery, in my opinion.

See the trailer here:

The opening credits for Wizard of Oz are pretty cool, imo.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Got to mention Lord of War again, just saw the flick for the third time and love the opening.

Suspect's Reviews

I Liked "Mirrors" and also the opening credits for "Jaws" introducing that amazing score.

I Agree with "Vertigo" and loved "Psycho" as well

David Fincher always has great opening credit sequences. Both Se7en and Fight Club have awesome intro sequences.

Watchmen is my favorite, I also like the opening credits for Rat Race and Easy Virtue, thought they were very creative.

Musician Jobs TV Jobs

Haha speaking of Fincher, he threw a fake title menu on the Fight Club Blu Ray!

I love the minimal build of Alien with each letter slowly fading in.
yeah dude I just saw Alien for the first time the other night, great opening sequence.

sunshine
lord of war too, also a good movie.

Napoleon Dynamite always stuck with me for some reason

Setting aside artistic merit and coolness ... the first that comes to mind is the original Flight of the Phoenix (1965). It featured delayed credits, which was somewhat rare for that time. There was several minutes of introductory action as you saw the pilot and passengers getting settled into the plane, the plane taking off on its journey across the desert, and the approaching dust storm. And as the plane's engines sputter out and it begins to go down, there are reaction shots of each of the actors, frozen momentarily with the actors names. It's a small ensemble cast, and it works quite well.

And I much prefer this one to the 2004 remake. Dennis Quaid is OK, but he's no Jimmy Stewart.

And it features two of my all-time favorite quotes (which, just once, I'd like to deliver to one of my bosses):

"Mr. Towns, you behave as if stupidity were a virtue. Why is that?"

And then:

"That's precisely what is wrong - he has remembered everything and learned nothing!"
Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain ... only straw. Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain? Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.