Movies That Made You Change Your Life

Tools    

Any movies that made you think differently about your life? Any that made you take action to do something?

Changing my life is overstating it a little, but when I was a kid I saw The Sandlot and pretty much fell in love with baseball as a result. Still follow it to this day. Maybe I would have otherwise, since I live in a big sports town and my grandpa was a scout, but who knows.

Changing my life is overstating it a little, but when I was a kid I saw The Sandlot and pretty much fell in love with baseball as a result. Still follow it to this day. Maybe I would have otherwise, since I live in a big sports town and my grandpa was a scout, but who knows.
whoa! Have you seen Walter Mathaus Bad News Bears? In the words of Paulie Walnuts "That is a must-see my friend!" Pretty spot on how little league was like when I was growing up.

American Beauty comes to mind!
That would be the mid life crisis anthem movie of all time, but the way it ended.....

Jaws.

Before seeing it, I was a kid who'd spend hours in the ocean.
Afterward, not so much. And my caution increased with age, not so much from the movie, but from other stuff.
Plus the realization that the ocean is a jungle filled with all kinds of stuff. I wouldn't go walking around lion territory in Africa with nothing but a pair of shorts either.

Captain have you ever seen in Sharks in the ocean where you live? I know they have them and I think the Great White has been spotted that far north. I know I will not swim in Florida, they have lots of shark attacks up close to shore. Luckily I've never seen a shark in the wild and don't want to!

Captain have you ever seen in Sharks in the ocean where you live? I know they have them and I think the Great White has been spotted that far north. I know I will not swim in Florida, they have lots of shark attacks up close to shore. Luckily I've never seen a shark in the wild and don't want to!
I've never "seen" one in the ocean. Granted, I haven't been in the ocean nor to a beach for many years - and that's not because of sharks, but because beaches in this state are a frustrating social experiment - parking near them is an issue, you have to pay to get on, you find a spot to sit and within two minutes there's a boom box blasting some filth at you, the whole thing is like a big beach bucket of deplorables... but I digress.

Every summer there's some kind of attack reported. I've heard about the jellyfish too - I'm very allergic to certain stings and could imagine what might happen if stung by one of those beasties. (I remember touching the body of one in the ocean - a non-stinging one - when I was little. It was another experience that made me not want to go back in. If given a choice I'll take a nice swimming pool - I don't know anyone with one, but that's what I'll stick to.)

I've never "seen" one in the ocean. Granted, I haven't been in the ocean nor to a beach for many years - and that's not because of sharks, but because beaches in this state are a frustrating social experiment - parking near them is an issue, you have to pay to get on, you find a spot to sit and within two minutes there's a boom box blasting some filth at you, the whole thing is like a big beach bucket of deplorables... but I digress.

Every summer there's some kind of attack reported. I've heard about the jellyfish too - I'm very allergic to certain stings and could imagine what might happen if stung by one of those beasties. (I remember touching the body of one in the ocean - a non-stinging one - when I was little. It was another experience that made me not want to go back in. If given a choice I'll take a nice swimming pool - I don't know anyone with one, but that's what I'll stick to.)
I hear ya, I'm not the kind of person to hang out at a crowded beach and sun bath, not my idea of fun. I do like swimming in the ocean, but yeah things like sharks or jellyfish are on my mind! I do have a jellyfish story, I'll try to post it sometime, I might even have pictures too. But dinner time now, see ya.

Don't Say a Word (2001) It increased my interest in psychology. I truly believed Elisabeth knew something.

Mulholland Drive (2001) It became meditation on broken dreams.

Monster (2003) It delved into themes of alcoholism, alienation, crossing the line and ultimate betrayal.

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring (2003) It showed beauty in simplicity and higher morality.

Alexander (2004) It showed unyielding passion.

Tower Heist (2011) It symbolised the peak of gold mania.

Young Adult (2011) Most hate Mavis, but I like her.

Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol (2011) It became my favourite movie while drinking.

Divergent (2014) It marked the start of my movie obsession.

Gone Girl (2014) I lose myself when I watch it.

Fury (2014) It marks a point when I still loved war, but I was experiencing major world view shift. It also marks a change of World War portrayal by Hollywood.

Victoria (2015) It echoed my experiences in Germany and it marks the rise of phenomenological realism in film.

Green Room (2015) Phenomenological realism at it's best and great cinema experience.

There were many movies that tried to change my life. I'd like to think they didn't succeed.

I've never seen a movie that changed my life, saved my life, caused an eternal epiphany or any of that. I've been utterly enchanted, impressed and fascinated to no end with a few movies, but they were always seen for what they are: a past time of entertainment or a much needed candy coated distraction from drab life.